Super Contributor

I have the It cosmetics one and just bought the Loreal lumi cushion yesterday.  I really like both, but think I like Loreal better.  I have only used the Loreal once but really like the suttle  glow it gives.  I used my beauty blender and it took only 2 dips in the sponge for my whole face.  I bought them at Ulta buy 1 get 1 50% off and used a 20% coupon plus a $1.00 manufactures coupon(plus got Ulta points).  I wash my beauty blender every couple days and have never had any black mold or anything on it, I can see all the foundation coming off of it when I wash it.  HTH

Respected Contributor

I, too am wondering how much product is in those compacts. I feel like the price of the L'Oreal one is way overpriced! I have the L'Oreal lumi in the bottle and it was nowhere near that much. 

Respected Contributor

@Beauty-junkie wrote:

I have the It cosmetics one and just bought the Loreal lumi cushion yesterday.  I really like both, but think I like Loreal better.  I have only used the Loreal once but really like the suttle  glow it gives.  I used my beauty blender and it took only 2 dips in the sponge for my whole face.  I bought them at Ulta buy 1 get 1 50% off and used a 20% coupon plus a $1.00 manufactures coupon(plus got Ulta points).  I wash my beauty blender every couple days and have never had any black mold or anything on it, I can see all the foundation coming off of it when I wash it.  HTH

I was using and loving the L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi before getting this latest IT TSV but my L"Oreal was in the pump bottle. I love the look and feel of this in the compact so I may just try the L'Oreal version before the next shipment of the IT is ready in May. I was using 3n. Do you know if the 3n would be the same in the liquid compact.

did you use the liquid lumi before and what is the difference in look and feel?

I did really like my lumi liquid tru match in 3 n so, maybe I should try?

I do find you pick up more product using the real techniques expert face brush for those that need more coverage but for me the IT that came with it does it for me.

I also have 2 Trish M flat oval sponge makeup sponges from HSN and that is also very nice. I had no luck with the beauty blender sponge, shape just felt awkward to me somehow.

Respected Contributor

The concept is a good one, but in theory, not so much. Having used a Beauty Blender Sponge, well, that was enough for me. Even with washing it after every use, it got super gross super fast. I am back to my trusted disposable sponges.

And, not to mention how little product is in the compact, it might change your mind when you do the math and discover that some of the compacts end up being $50 to $100 bucks an ounce. I am certain that some of us didn't want to spend that much on foundation!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Cushion foundations don't appeal to me at all. High probability of contamination and I feel like you don't get a lot of product from the get-go. (Maybe because it might dry up faster if it's in a larger container? IDK!) I guess you reduce contamination by using disposable applicators of some sort. This is the main reason I turned down the IT Cosmetics TSV earlier this month.

I think this cushion foundation is a fad and based on reviews that I've read and those who've tried it, more of a marketing ploy.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. Even though I have a couple decent coupons, I am passing. The colors are not great for me and at $17 for .51 oz that's $34 an ounce for Loreal. I'm going to assume it's the same as Lumi in the bottle, which I own. And I'm happy to be saying no to a makeup product. Rarely happens 

Trusted Contributor

just seems like gimmicks to me, put less product in a compact, pretend it's better calling it cushion and charge a fortune. If you want to use a sponge to apply makeup, buy a pack of makeup sponges at Walgreens, tip your bottle of foundation until a dime size comes out on the sponge and apply your makeup. There's nothing special about these cushion compacts except less product.  

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Super Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@Beauty-junkie wrote:

I was using and loving the L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi before getting this latest IT TSV but my L"Oreal was in the pump bottle. I love the look and feel of this in the compact so I may just try the L'Oreal version before the next shipment of the IT is ready in May. I was using 3n. Do you know if the 3n would be the same in the liquid compact.

did you use the liquid lumi before and what is the difference in look and feel?

I did really like my lumi liquid tru match in 3 n so, maybe I should try?

I do find you pick up more product using the real techniques expert face brush for those that need more coverage but for me the IT that came with it does it for me.

I also have 2 Trish M flat oval sponge makeup sponges from HSN and that is also very nice. I had no luck with the beauty blender sponge, shape just felt awkward to me somehow.

When I bought the Loreal lumi cushion I also bought the liquid lumi foundation.  I like both of them, but just wanted to try the cushion for when I'm in a hurryin the morning.  I have the lumi cushion in W3 and liquid in W3 too.  Both colors seem to be a good match for me, kinda hard to pick since you can't try them first.  I would say they both look the same on, a nice glow(no sparkle) and I have a somewhat oily Tzone.  Good luck if you try it, you might want to buy when it's on sale or you have a coupon.  Good luck

Respected Contributor

beauty junkie, since I have and love both the L'Oreal tru match lumi in 3n (liquid in the pump bottle) as well as this newer IT cushion compact I think I will let the cushion go in L'Oreal, really love this IT BUT, will all depend on if Jamie has refill compacts and at a decent price when mine run out.

I do really love the look and feel of both of these on my dry skin, IT cushion and L'Oreal tru match lumi liquid using my Real Techniques Expert face brush(for the L'Oreal).

For summer I do think the cushion will be lighter feeling on the face don't you?

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Mally's Poreless Foundation with the sponge. I don't like this delivery system. Aside from hygienics, you can't tell how much product you have or how much product you're using. And you're not getting your money's worth in a tiny sponge with foundation in it. You really can't tell how much you've got & it could be much less. It's just a bad delivery system. I won't reorder it. However, Mally's Poreless foundation is excellent.