Esteemed Contributor

Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair

So I am on a quest for some nighttime retinol products that don't break the bank. I am not thrilled with the Paulas choice packaging on her retinol serum. Two pumps have broke and the price keeps going up. Have any of you used the Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair products with retinol. I think the price is very good.
Valued Contributor

Re: Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair

I've used Salma Hayek's time release retinol capsules. I get them at CVS, but apparently they are available other places.  I also like them because they are easy to travel with.

Esteemed Contributor

Tried it, didn't think much of it.

Try ROC Deep Wrinkle in the gold tube. Less than $20. Works well.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote here for ROC night cream in the gold tube. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Neutrogena Wrinkle Repair serum in the little silver tube, although it also dispenses with a pump. I try other retinol products and keep coming back to this one. It absorbs completely and doesn't leave a sticky residue. My skin feels like glass after I put it on. I used the ROC for a few years and was not impressed. 

Respected Contributor

I have also used the Salma Hayek capsules but they left a tacky residue on my skin. I guess a lot of it depends on your skin type too. I'm normal/combo.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Trusted Contributor

Did you let Paula's Choice about the pumps to get a refund?  They will do that.   I'm currently using that product and my pump is working fine.  Google Beautypedia to find recommendations on other skin care products.

Esteemed Contributor

@henderson wrote:

Did you let Paula's Choice about the pumps to get a refund?  They will do that.   I'm currently using that product and my pump is working fine.  Google Beautypedia to find recommendations on other skin care products.

Yes they sent a replacement for free. Then the second bottle won't twist down. I am done with defective bottles. 

Valued Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I have also used the Salma Hayek capsules but they left a tacky residue on my skin. I guess a lot of it depends on your skin type too. I'm normal/combo.

I can only use it at night bc it is thicker than a serum. I've tried many serums from Dr. Denese to Paula's Choice to nuance. Also used ROC. For something that doesn't cost $$$, I agree with the suggestions here. I also have prescription Retin A, and I haven't found anything that's a HG product for me. 😒