Valued Contributor

Need suggestions for moisturizers for dry skin...face. Lol

[ Edited ]

thanks for your help". Sorry did not mean body.  Silly

Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for moisturizers for dry shin

Josie Moran body butter is what I use on my calves and it is wonderful. Keeps them moist all day long and I actually rub it on top of my baby lotion which I always use and I rub it from the knees down and on my heels and top of my feet. Then I put my foot lotion on my feet but the body butter really keeps the back of my heels and ankles soft and suple also.

Esteemed Contributor

CeraVe -- available in drugstores -- tried it after I read excellent reviews.  Just as good, if not better, than high-priced products that don't deliver what they promise.  I'm realizing drugstore products have improved greatly.  I'm all done paying ridiculous prices for skin care.......

Valued Contributor

My dermatologist told me to use CeraVe.  Cleanser, moisturizer and body lotion.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for moisturizers for dry skin...face. Lol

Start with drinking more water.  Cells are dry - they need liquid and lots of it - then go for moisturizer of any kind.

Honored Contributor

I went thru two courses of Accutane many years ago, and I believe it really dried out my skin.

I started using Dr. Denese products many years ago and have never looked back....I love the hydroshield, and her day cream.

I also use her eye gel and I use the exfoliating pads every night.

My skin looks pretty good, at least I think so, ha!

It does not feel dry any longer either. I do use Crevae to wash my face with, the determologist receommended it years ago.

Super Contributor

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery. When I'm really dry, I add a few drops of her oil booster to it.
Respected Contributor

Here are some good face moisturizers taht won't break the bank:

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (It's fragrance free)

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Cream (also fragrance free)

Garnier SkinActive Miracle Fatique Cream

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 62 with very nice skin, but very dry year round. The one thing I have noticed that works so well for me, is first and formost, using my Clarisonic once a day, using my the luna (a dupe) once a day and exfoliating 2-3 times a week.  Seems like all that prep gets my skin ready to accept the oils and serums I use as well as the moisterizers and finally the make up. I use less of all of it but seems to do what they are supposed to do more efficiently. And have added a retinol product that is icing on the cake. And of course--sunscreen everyday year round. My fave products are Paulas choice and Peter Thomas Roth and some Skinn.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much.....which i

s your favorite moisturizer?