Respected Contributor

Re: Need shampoo/conditioner recs for shiny hair

Hello, @StillRachB. Smiley Happy

I've found that a combination of good shampoos mixed with a few other products can help hair become shiny. Nick Chavez makes some good products for shine. I'll recommend some of Nick's products that give hydration, too. Sometimes hair can become dull if it's too dry.

--------------------------------------

Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Supersize 32 oz. Shampoo & Conditioner - A286570

Gives hydration and thickenss.
------------------------------------

Nick Chavez Thirst Quencher Shampoo and Conditioner - A340745

For hydration, AND the shampoo is sulfate-free and the conditioner is paraben-free.
---------------------------

Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Conditioning Cream, 8 fl oz - A323412

Nick Chavez Traditions Yucca Root Conditioning Cream Item # A323412

For hydration. There's also a matching shampoo that goes with this, but it's sold out on QVC right now. You'd have to get it at Nick's site.

----------------------------------------

Nick Chavez Supersize Velvet Mesquite 4 oz. Serum - A274168

Nick Chavez Supersize Velvet Mesquite 4 oz. Serum Item # A274168

For hydration for the hair. Goes on hair as a leave-in after hair is washed. It also comes in a smaller size, too.

-------------------------------------

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I almost forgot Sally  Beaut Supply  Mystic Devine  Shine  Styling Oil and Shampoo/Conditioner

Trusted Contributor

I have never spent a lot of money on expensive shampoo or conditioners. I rarely buy the same brand back to back so I can change up a bit. I have wavy hair and it curls into ringlets so I use catwalk after I pick my hair. I don't wash my hair everyday but wet it every morning otherwise it is frizzy. I still use V05 hairdressing conditioner for shine...must use sparingly.

On the few occasions I bought ridiculously expensive hair products I did not notice any real improvements or changes.
Respected Contributor

I forgot about the V05  in the tube that is sort of a vasalene consistancy. I used to use it but I have not seen it in stores in a long time. I need to try to find it again

Trusted Contributor

It is hard to find...found it last time at cvs. I will say you really should use a very small amount but I do see shine in my hair. I am a strawberry blonde so it picks up the hue of my hair.