Honored Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for foundation

I don't know if you want dept. store or drugstore but I will give you my recommendation. 

I use and love Maybelline Fit Me stick foundation.  I am 48 and I have skin that leans on the dry side.  However, I like an oil free foundation because if I use anything else, I have oily breakthrough on my chin and forehead.  Powder foundations of any kind are a no go for me.

This foundation is easy because I just rub it on right from the stick and I use my fingers to spread it around or a beauty blender sponge. Usually my fingers work best.  I like the coverage I get and it works nicely to even up my skintone as I have some sun damage.  It lasts all day for me.

If there is one drawback, it's that the tube is rather small so it doesn't last as long as bottles of liquid I have used but it's under $10.00 and I always have a coupon and/or get it on sale. 

Respected Contributor

My favorite (and has been for many years ) is Everyday Minerals in the matte finish. If you like mineral makeup this is the best and a great site!  https://www.everydayminerals.com/store/

Regular Contributor

It is so darn expensive  but I keep going back....Armani lift....superb coverage,bottle last a long time......have tried them all  ...none compare.

Honored Contributor

Lancome Teint Idole Stick Foundation, a fairly new product, is definitely worth trying. I've been using it for about three months and love it. It is a matte (but not dry-looking at all), medium finish. It is not at all greasy, like so many stick foundations.

I was color-matched at Sephora, and it's one of the best shades I've found for my light/medium neutral skin tone. This stick will probably last me forever.

I dab it on and then blend with a brush. You can build it up if necessary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

WOW! You ladies have given me an excellent range of options! Thank you all so much! I have tried powder foundations in the past and I'm not crazy about them. I don't necessariy want a drugstore foundation but I don't want to pay an arm & a leg for it either. However, it if truly lasts a long time and would be my HG, I think it would be worth it! I will see if I can get samples of some of these and try them for myself.

Thanks again for responding to my question! I have learned so much from all of you over the years. I lurk more than I post. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

When I am not using my favorite, IT Cosmetics CC+ (you can dust it with Bye Bye Pores finishing powder and it becomes matte and lasts all day), I am using my new holy grail foundation.  It is Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Velvet.  Oh my goodness!  It is a liquid that speads so beautifully and dries to a matte, medium,  buildable coverage.  It is pricely, but a little goes a long way.  I will never be without it.

PS:  It comes in a beautiful black sexy Chanel container. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@JosieSue

I forgot to add... NARS concealer under my eyes is working and it is the right color.

My usual problems with cosmetics are: falling into the pores/ causing irritation (breakouts and Rosacea). The Derm recommended that I use oil-free and no binders. I am now making sure the makeup is gluten-free too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@JosieSue

I have never been able to find a foundation comparable to Clinique Stay True foundation, which is now discontinued. I think I have tried them all.

Here is what I am using now. My main concern is preventing Rosacea and breakouts for an everyday helper...

100%Pure liquid foundation (is drying which I need due to breakouts). Under eyes I'm having great luck with NARS concealer in the tube with a wand applicator.

For an all-over finishing effect, the best for me are Faerie Organic minerals in porcelain -- been using this for 15 years

A good foundation needs (IMO) a wonderful sunscreen, which functions as a primer. Mine is 60+ Anthelios. HTH

Love the NARS concealer, which covers my blue/grey dark circles. Can't comment on matte foundation since I prefer a radiant/satin finish. I use Laura Mercier Silk Creme.

Respected Contributor

rosacea is my enemy-ugh!

If I want to use anti-aging, then I run the risk of a flare. It's like walking a tightrope trying to use anti-aging products.