Honored Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for a good sunscreen

Skinn Collagenesis Daily Defense (for the face) and Skinn Daily Defense Eye Shades (for the eye area).

Esteemed Contributor

I use Waterbabies from Coppertone.....when I have the granddaughter swimming, neither of us gets sunburned.

Respected Contributor

the best ever imo is LaRoche-Posey Anthelios spf 60.  fantastic but i only use it if i'm not wearing makeup.  the  beach especially.  i don't know why this went bold!!!

Respected Contributor

I also use water babies spf 70.  I use IT foundation spf 50.  If Im not wearing the foundation, I use Shiseido in the blue bottle, think its spf 60, for my face.  I never broke out from it.     I also have used Josies Argon cream spf 47, but only on the chest...its too greasy for my face.   I haven't purchased it again because I need a higher spf on chest and or body...so I'm sticking with the water babies 70.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another Skinn and IT girl here. If I'm not wearing foundation I wear Skinn Daily Defense sunscreen with an SPF 30. I asked my dermatologist If it was good and he read the ingredients  and said it is fine. His motto is that the best sunscreen is one you will use!

If I want to wear foundation, which I do most days I think I might leave the house, I use IT full coverage with SPF 50. And I put on plenty using my fingertips. I use about two pumps for my face. in a couple of minutes it all soaks in and looks perfect. 

Also, I basically don't go out in the sun. I'm allergic and get a rash no matter what I wear.  But I have the 50 SPF hat and stuff from Lands End if I need to be out in the daytime. I know, I sound like a vampire! But you do what you gotta do. Woman Wink

Good luck finding what works for you!

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I should have mentioned I recently had some precancerous spots removed and have an appointment to get another one biopsied. I also just had laser surgery to remove some really dark spots on my face before our son's wedding. I really have to stay out of the sun!

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

If you want "good" and not "absolutely the best ever", then I recommend the powder sunscreen by Colorscience.  Any sunscreen you apply is only effective for about 2 hours, and I don't want to wash my face and re-apply makeup and sunscreen every 2 hours.  So I have tubes of the Colorscience sunscreen powder in my purse, my car, everywhere, and can brush on the powder anytime I want to (on my face, the backs of my hands, my knees....). 

I have oily skin and any cream or lotion sunscreen makes my face too greasy, so the powder is the only way to go for me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

If I could use physical sunscreens, I would. Zinc Oxide irritates my skin and gives me red and flakey patches. I use chemical sunscreen and for full broad spectrum coverage and like Supergoop. I use the City Serum on my face, neck, ears, and chest and the sunscreen oil on the rest of me. They also make a great lip balm with SPF 30. Their CC cream is also fantastic, but I had to stop using it because of the zinc. That was sad for me, because it's a great product with good coverage, great sun protection, and it didn't sweat off in the Texas heat or humidity. I'd recommend it to anyone.