Valued Contributor

Need recommendation for magnifying travel mirror...

We are going on vacatiion and will be staying in hotels along the way.  I am on the hunt for a good (lighted) travel mirror to make applying my makeup easier.  From past experience, the lighting in hotel bathrooms is not the best for getting a "natural" look.  I have looked at the floxite mirrors on qvc...any thoughts??

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Need recommendation for magnifying travel mirror...

My mirror is terrific. I've had it for 3-4 years now. It's a Danielle D414 Ultimate Travel Mirror. A little expensive but it is compact, very bright led lights, and has 10x mag. I saw it on eBay for $49 today. Amazon has it for $79. 

Respected Contributor

For traveling (and everyday) I use this mirror from drugstore.com. I like to apply my makeup with natural light and with this you can always find a bright window, where ever you are, and put your makup on with the best light not the funny light some of those lighted travel mirrors give you. It has 3 suction cups to attach to any smooth surface and to release just slip a credit/plastic card under the cups. It's a 7 times magnification....anything stronger just SCARES me!

Swissco Magnifying Mirror 9 inch, 7X- 1 ea

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:

For traveling (and everyday) I use this mirror from drugstore.com. I like to apply my makeup with natural light and with this you can always find a bright window, where ever you are, and put your makup on with the best light not the funny light some of those lighted travel mirrors give you. It has 3 suction cups to attach to any smooth surface and to release just slip a credit/plastic card under the cups. It's a 7 times magnification....anything stronger just SCARES me!

Swissco Magnifying Mirror 9 inch, 7X- 1 ea

I have one like that. I think mine is 10X. I can open the drapes at the hotel & put the mirror on the window with the suction cups on back of the mirror. It's the best place to get the daylight. I also have this Floxite I bought from Q several years ago when it was a TSV or OTO. It folds flat. Either mirror will fit in between clothing in your suitcase to keep it from getting broken. Forgot to say the mirror with the suction cups is not lighted.

Floxite 10X/1X Lighted Travel Mirror w/Stand

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions  Smiley Happy

I will check these out.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the Floxite travel mirror. I have 2 different styles and both are great. I also own the 15X mirror that I have had for years. Talk about eye-opening, it is real scary.