Valued Contributor

Need lightweight hair dryer for travel

I love love my original Super Solano hairdryer but so heavy to take in a carry on. Dries my thick hair perfectly but want something more lightweight to travel with.

Anyone have a less expensive brand, lightweight, that does the job quickly without overheating and drying out your hair?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Need lightweight hair dryer for travel

It seems nowadays most if not all hotels supply your room with a hair dryer.  I'd check the ammenities of your hotel to see if you'll find one in your room before taking one with you.

Respected Contributor

Product Details Babyliss TT Travel Tourmaline Hair Dryer on Amazon for $25.  It folds up very small and works very well.  Many peple use it for their full time dryer.   ON the item page a reviewer posted it folded up next to a can of soup.  It is very small and dual wattage.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Baby Bliss, got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, it is very light.

Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

Product Details Babyliss TT Travel Tourmaline Hair Dryer on Amazon for $25.  It folds up very small and works very well.  Many peple use it for their full time dryer.   ON the item page a reviewer posted it folded up next to a can of soup.  It is very small and dual wattage.

that cheap?I thought it was a very $$ line...thanks! I was looking for one too..the $$ ones I hear break as I had read reveiws saying this way too often so this sounds good (pricewise!!) need another dryer right now for our condo at the shore and this fits the bill Smiley Wink

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Mar5775, Babyliss has a wide range of prices for their products.  Their hair dryers are great without breaking the bank.  I have the Babyliss Babino, a travel dryer but doesn't have a folding handle (I got it on sale for $11, so I for goed the handle issue), and the Babyliss Torino, that really blows.  I tend to rotate between hair styles that require blow drying and those that don't, so I use it off and on depending upon which hair style I have at the time.

I considered the T3, but read far too many reviews about them dying, through T3 replaces them under warranty.  It is a great dryer for those with curly or coarse hair, but I have suepr fine, super straight, color treated hair, so I don't really need what the T3 seems to be awesome at.

Travel dryers are also great for those with dexterity issues and issues holding a heavy dryer, plus travel.  They won't do for those with bra strap length hair or longer unless it is thin, but they will work great for most of us.

Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

Mar5775, Babyliss has a wide range of prices for their products.  Their hair dryers are great without breaking the bank.  I have the Babyliss Babino, a travel dryer but doesn't have a folding handle (I got it on sale for $11, so I for goed the handle issue), and the Babyliss Torino, that really blows.  I tend to rotate between hair styles that require blow drying and those that don't, so I use it off and on depending upon which hair style I have at the time.

I considered the T3, but read far too many reviews about them dying, through T3 replaces them under warranty.  It is a great dryer for those with curly or coarse hair, but I have suepr fine, super straight, color treated hair, so I don't really need what the T3 seems to be awesome at.

Travel dryers are also great for those with dexterity issues and issues holding a heavy dryer, plus travel.  They won't do for those with bra strap length hair or longer unless it is thin, but they will work great for most of us.

@Tigriss great post.. informative ty! I too have hair like you and go back and forth. I will be getting this darling sounding Bambino Smiley Wink it will be a also helpful as I now have arthritis going on in both shoulders... oy! this will help and agree that the $$ T3's die on many for such a high $$ price...no way.. not buying T3 ever, I always read reviews. TYtig

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Remember the Bambino does not have a handle that folds.

Product DetailsIt is currently $29.99 at Amazon.  The one with the folding handle is $24 with the same wattage.