Esteemed Contributor

Need eyeliner that won’t bother my eyes

any suggestions on an eyeliner that won't cause eye sensitivity?    I have been using Laura Geller for a long time my ophthalmologist said it's clogging my oil glands which are right under the inside near the lashes .  I guess there is too much wax in her liners which I do love because of the great pigment.   He wants me to find one that has less waxiness , and clean beauty liner if possible.  Guess he's up on clean beauty lol. Which I'm nit a bit surprised he's young .   Or not wear at all .   OMG 😱 I can't imagine no liner !!!  so I'd live some suggestions . Thanks in advance .

Honored Contributor

Re: Need eyeliner that won’t bother my eyes

Well, first I would ask him what HIS definitiion of clean beauty is since there is no one definition. I would also ask specifically what ingredients he thinks could be causing the problem.  That's supposed to be his job.  

You could always use a liquid or gel liner on your upper lashes alhtough I like to first line with a pencil like Laura Geller's.  It's not a must though.  However, I don't think the liquid or gel liners work on the lower lid.  At least I've never had any luck with them there.  I can't line underneath my lower lashes.  It has to go above, right along the lash line. 

Do you wear eyeliner every day?  Could you give them a rest over the weekend or something?  I don't wear makeup at all except mostly on Sundays except for some special occasion.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love Lancôme Artliner. It's one beauty product that I buy again and again. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I use dark eye shadow as a liner and it works great.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

I love the "Kat Von De" Tatoo liquid liner.  The brush is in it.  You just connect little lines.

KVD Beauty - Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper 0.019 oz/ 0.55 mL

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I love Lancôme Artliner. It's one beauty product that I buy again and again. 

This is what I use also.

Honored Contributor

Dark eyeshadow is my go to.  I bought some Kim Gravel eyeliners at Christmastime and I just don't think of using them.  I'm going to return them.  

Valued Contributor

I've been using belle by Kim gravel liners & they don't irritate. Tarte is another cleaner beauty brand. 

Regular Contributor

Urban Decay is fantastic. The best eyeliner I have ever used. Second is Dior. Highly recommended.
Super Contributor

Have you tried Clinique?  

Works good for my very sensitive eyes and I also

use their mascara. Their eye products are all

ophthalmologist tested for sensitive eyes...