Honored Contributor

Re: Need a nautral leave-in conditioner for frizzy hair

I feel for ya!  I fight the freeze as well!!!  

I would try the coconut oil thing.  I just bought some.  I would on slightly damp hair, apply a good dose of it and then put on an old plastic shower cap and leave it on for maybe 1/2 hour.  Then shampoo it out.  After drying,  apply some directly to your hair, especially those frizzy ends.  Should really help!

Also, try a hair spray that is unscented to lightly go over your hair and smooth down.  You can even spray some to a toothbrush to get all the fine hairs that tend to stand up all over around your face and head.

Good luck to you -- this is a constant battle for me as well! 

Also, look for any fragrance free products.  They are out there but just not as plentiful.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Yesterday, my stylist used  Redkin Smooth Lock Heat Glide Serum....loved it !

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a 10 makes excellent leave in conditioners.

Trusted Contributor

The best I've found is Suzanne Somers True Brazilian Organics Hair Activating Serum.  I know she touts all natural, so this may be something you can use.  I'm not a Suzanne Somers fan, but I do like this one product.  I use one pump for my shoulder length hair and put it in while my hair is damp before I blow it dry.  You can get it at EvineLive.com.

Valued Contributor

I recently tried Fast Food leave in conditioner by AG. I really like it.

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner. It has natural ingredients, and will not weigh down your hair. You can find it at Whole Foods, Wegman's, Target, and some health food stores. It retails for $7 in most stores. I think you will really like the results.

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I have fine, thin/thinning hair and nothing works.  I let it air dry and it's just a disgusting mess of fluffy frizz. I just have frizzy cotton ball/dandelion gone to seed looking hair.  There is no body, no bounce, no shine.  I have tried every product on the market and nothing works.  I'm still waiting for the miracle, but I think with my particular hair it just isn't gonna happen.Man Sad

My hair is fine & thinning. I have been using Andalou shampoo & conditioner for thinning hair. I really liked it except it did dry my oily scalp too much. Tried their moisturizing formula but it's too moisturizing for me. You can find it online if you want to check out the ingredients. I'm still using it on & off. I bought Clear Scalp & Hair shampoo & condtioner. I bought the active damage resist formula. They have several formulas you can see on their site online. It left my hair soft,& shiny & very little frizz. The conditioner has Cyclopentasiloxane in it to smooth your hair. All I do is wash, condition, comb & air dry.

Trusted Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I have fine, thin/thinning hair and nothing works.  I let it air dry and it's just a disgusting mess of fluffy frizz. I just have frizzy cotton ball/dandelion gone to seed looking hair.  There is no body, no bounce, no shine.  I have tried every product on the market and nothing works.  I'm still waiting for the miracle, but I think with my particular hair it just isn't gonna happen.Man Sad

Try 3 tbsp evoo +3 tbsp honey mixed together, warmed a little in the palms of your hands and apply 30 minutes before u shampoo and wash out, it brings your hair back to life Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Suzanne Somer Brazilian Keratin treatment serum-3 pumps on towelled hair, comb through-helps my longer wavy hair a lot and no silicones or chemicals.

Respected Contributor

Andalou Naturals Argan Oil Plus+ Leave-In Conditioner - 6.8 oz

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~