Esteemed Contributor

Need a nautral leave-in conditioner for frizzy hair

I have chemical sensitivities and just became allergic to the products I've been using.  I just ordered Nurture My Body fragrance-free shampoo and conditioner to test it out.  However, I still need something to leave in my hair so it doesn't get so frizzy.  My hair is also thin and baby fine so I can't use anything too heavy.  I was going to try small amounts of different oils to see how they would work; however, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has any recommendations.  Thanks.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Need a nautral leave-in conditioner for frizzy hair

Check out Unite products.

I believe they are natural. I use the leave in and a couple of their other products. I really like them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a ton of allergies and sensitivities and have fine hair.I color my hair. I use Wen and I also use Infusiom leave it conditioner. This works for me. If my hair gets frizzy from too much blow drying or curling then I use a few drops of Argon oil to tame it and restore it.    

Honored Contributor

I was just looking online for DIY frizz treatments not long ago. You could try a very tiny amount of coconut oil rubbed on your palms & run through your hair before blow drying. I also saw where someone mixed water & coconut oil to spray on their hair for frizz. Can't find the info now so not sure how much or each. Another one I never knew was mixing a cup of water with 1 tsp or so of sugar to spray on hair. Says it's a natural hair spray that will leave some crunch to the hair.

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I have chemical sensitivities and just became allergic to the products I've been using.  I just ordered Nurture My Body fragrance-free shampoo and conditioner to test it out.  However, I still need something to leave in my hair so it doesn't get so frizzy.  My hair is also thin and baby fine so I can't use anything too heavy.  I was going to try small amounts of different oils to see how they would work; however, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has any recommendations.  Thanks.  

@cotton4me

Sorry to hear about the sensitivities, and now some new allergies ~ ouch!

I'm a WENNER, and that's what I know best.  I would suggest a small bottle of FIG CC and use it as a leave-in, just on hair & rinse your hands when you start out with it, just to make sure.

I too have fine hair, the perception is that FIG is weighty because it is moisturizing, but it is not.

Best wishes finding a great product.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the great suggestions!  I really appreciate it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have fine, thin/thinning hair and nothing works.  I let it air dry and it's just a disgusting mess of fluffy frizz. I just have frizzy cotton ball/dandelion gone to seed looking hair.  There is no body, no bounce, no shine.  I have tried every product on the market and nothing works.  I'm still waiting for the miracle, but I think with my particular hair it just isn't gonna happen.Man Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I have fine, thin/thinning hair and nothing works.  I let it air dry and it's just a disgusting mess of fluffy frizz. I just have frizzy cotton ball/dandelion gone to seed looking hair.  There is no body, no bounce, no shine.  I have tried every product on the market and nothing works.  I'm still waiting for the miracle, but I think with my particular hair it just isn't gonna happen.Man Sad

@RainyDayGal

Oh my goodness, I think we have matching heads!  I had to laugh at your description  - "cotton ball/dandelion gone to seed looking hair".  I can so relate to that.

I always have to wear handbands, clips - anything to keep it clamped down.  I've never been able to just wear my hair down.  While it always looks bad it looks even worse with no leave-in conditioner. 

While I feel your pain, it's nice to meet a fellow dandelion head.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Argan oil

Respected Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

@RainyDayGal

Oh my goodness, I think we have matching heads!  I had to laugh at your description  - "cotton ball/dandelion gone to seed looking hair".  I can so relate to that.

I always have to wear handbands, clips - anything to keep it clamped down.  I've never been able to just wear my hair down.  While it always looks bad it looks even worse with no leave-in conditioner. 

While I feel your pain, it's nice to meet a fellow dandelion head.  Smiley Happy

LOL  It is the worst kind of hair to have.  I hate it and it frustrate me to no end, and I'm just embarassed by how crummy it is.  I am so jealous of women with gorgeous hair. For me, those days are long gone.  I still have my natural color though, I guess that's something.