Respected Contributor

Need Liquid foundation for hot/humid weather please

can anyone suggest a foundation, liquid, for this hot muggy humid weather that won't just run off my face?

I can't wear powder anything so it has to be a liquid.

I don't like anything heavy on my face, prefer something light weight.

A friend said she saw an ad for Cover Girl Luminous on TV that said it was good for this kind of weather? Has anyone tried this one or has another suggestion. 

thanks so much.

Valued Contributor

Re: Need Liquid foundation for hot/humid weather please

ITA~there aren't any here unfortunately...with all the lines there are, not one is waterproof. 

I live in a part of the country that is entirely humid from Memorial Day thru September. I typically do not wear a foundation except for special occasions. 

My daughters wedding is coming up so, that qualifies as special. I ordered one of Mac's we foundations. There are several.  I found as someone who is very sensitive to heat, that spending the extra $ really helps to get a we foundation need as people with humidity issues. 

Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Have you thought about a tinted moisturizer instead?  

They're lighter in weight, and many have a SPF.

I just read that water actually makes some cosmetics cling to your skin better, if that helps any.

Respected Contributor

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h.
Honored Contributor

I'm in Phoenix........and when I have an occasion where I need foundation in the summer, I use L'Oreal True Match.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

If you don't mind spending $46 Lancome's Teint Idol Ultra is about as good as it gets for longwear in hot weather and resisting wearing off because you're feeling steamy and moist.  It's the foundation I reach for most often on hot days.  I also sometimes turn it into a tinted moisturizer when I'm going for the no makeup look, and mix a couple drops in with my moisturizer or sunscreen.   Doing so lightens the texture and of course the finished look, but it still wears great. There are over 30 shades so I strongly recommend a visit to a Lancome counter for a color match.  

Super Contributor

Powder mineral foundations stay on well. One summer my daughter decided she needed a limb from our apple tree for her Bearded Dragon's cage (long story) and I was actually just leaving for an appointment with a friend. I had on bare minerals. Anyway I went out in the sweltering heat, cut the darn limb for her, went back into the house to wash my face and reapply my makeup and Voila! all i had to do was blot a little. It looked like i had just put it on. Bare Minerals is now to shiny for me but I like Bella Rose Mineral Foundation by Serious Skin Care and Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder. They both have SPF also.        

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h.

Yes, this one works well and comes in many colors.

Here are some others I've found work well in high heat and/or humidity:

Supergoop CC Cream: This would be my top recommendation, especially for humidity. I can't use it anymore because I have a reaction to the zinc oxide, but this offers great sun protection, good coverage, and it really excels in heat and humidity.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation: This also works very well in heat and humidity and comes in 25 shades (some available on QVC).

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation: Good coverage and works well in heat and humidity. It's a cream, but similar in texture to the other liquids I've mentioned.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

can anyone suggest a foundation, liquid, for this hot muggy humid weather that won't just run off my face?

I can't wear powder anything so it has to be a liquid.

I don't like anything heavy on my face, prefer something light weight.

A friend said she saw an ad for Cover Girl Luminous on TV that said it was good for this kind of weather? Has anyone tried this one or has another suggestion. 

thanks so much.

Why can't you wear a powder foundation, like Bare Minerals?  

Trusted Contributor

I can recommend two foundations.  First, Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.  It stays put and is only $5.

Second, Lorac POREfection Foundation.  Great coverage without looking thick and heavy.  $36.

HTH!

Paws and enjoy life.