Valued Contributor

Nail polish worn by Tignanello vendor today? (Tardis blue shade?)

Does anyone have an idea where her nail polish is from/brand & shade?  I love that Tardis blue shade, & would love to get it!  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

Re: Nail polish worn by Tignanello vendor today? (Tardis blue shade?)

I wasn't watching, but there are quite a few options for a TARDIS blue shade. You can try Dating a Royal, Eurso Euro, or Keeping Suzi at Bay, both by OPI. Essie Mesmerize is a bright blue that's close, but maybe too bright. China Glaze's Man Hunt is also close.

There are also a LOT of nerdy indie nail brands that have entire collections based on Doctor Who and include a lot of TARDIS inspired colors.

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, thanks!  I have seen Tardis blue nail polish before, but this is the first one that I truly liked enough to even consider trying myself.  I am old-school when it comes to wearing nail polish colors, and even though I realize I'm old-fashioned, feel weird if I try to wear anything that isn't a neutral, red or 'fruit'-colored shade, other than a couple metallics.  But the blue she was wearing was striking without looking like cadaver nails, so I'd love to try it.  I appreciate the tips on trying to find it, I'm looking those up next Heart

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, thanks!  I have seen Tardis blue nail polish before, but this is the first one that I truly liked enough to even consider trying myself.  I am old-school when it comes to wearing nail polish colors, and even though I realize I'm old-fashioned, feel weird if I try to wear anything that isn't a neutral, red or 'fruit'-colored shade, other than a couple metallics.  But the blue she was wearing was striking without looking like cadaver nails, so I'd love to try it.  I appreciate the tips on trying to find it, I'm looking those up next Heart

@Serenity-Now You can go to the OPI website and try on colors for your skin color and length of nails.

I have used this many times when I was thinking about buying nail polish.

Trusted Contributor

@Serenity-Now  I took a look at the video and I agree the color is gorgeous. Lisa isn't the primary QVC rep and she doesn't appear to have a QVC related FB page where you could message her. @ChynnaBlue is correct. There are MANY Dr. Who inspired indie collections. Or it could just be an indie or mainstream polish that happens to be in this range of blue.

First a couple general thoughts.

- no matter what color, your own individual skin tone will affect how it looks on you

- even if you find the perfect color for you, it's going to look a bit strange to you at first, so give whatever you choose a day or two; some of my favorite polishes have turned out to be ones that I didn't think I liked on me at first

- blue polishes can stain, so be sure to wear a layer or two of good basecoat to minimize the risk

In addition to the polishes that @ChynnaBlue mentioned, I found China Glaze First Mate mentioned several times online. It's hard to tell from the video, but to me her polish seems a bit on the brighter side. I also think I saw a purple flash at times. 

Here's some comparisons I found...

So, from the polishes I own, I'd add China Glaze Scandelous Shenanigans. My first thought was CG Frostbite, but looking any my swatch, it's probablya bit too bright. (left to right below)

As far as indies go, the only one I found in my collection is a cobalt blue that is slightly deeper than Frostbite and has more of a satin finish. Virago Varnish Show Stopper is absolutely gorgeous, but is definitely on the "bright" side.

Honored Contributor

is this similar

Honored Contributor

@juperier, thanks for posting that picture of Show Stopper. I may need to get one of those!

Valued Contributor

@juperier, *Thank You* for such a terrific answer, complete with pictures that have me ready to grab my coat & purse & hurry down to the store...but alas, we are completely snowed-in on with our 500-ft steep driveway, so I'm going to have to wait a few days!  We had to pay $15,000 for a new driveway after last year's snowplowing wrecked ours, so we are choosing to stay stranded this time.  I've already got cabin fever, lol.  

I can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness & the pictures are terrific!  You really took a lot ot time, & I appreciate that so much.  I haven't tried blue polish yet, and didn't even realize that it could stain--thanks for the tip about that!  I have used darker polishes on my toes, but not my fingernails yet. 

So, at this point I will be drumming my non-Tardis-blue fingernails impatiently while I wait for this snow & ice to melt, so I can try this polish!  

drumming-nails.gif  

SerenityNow!
Valued Contributor

Hi @shoekitty, it is very similar but I think the one that caught my eye was a bit brighter, which I think would look better on my pale skin-tone.  But it is definitely in the same ballpark, thank you for sharing it Smiley Happy

SerenityNow!
Honored Contributor

I love the blue shades for nails. But I am LOVING even more your emojis -----where do they come from?