Esteemed Contributor

Nail polish topcoat that's fast drying?

Help!  I'm tired of polishing my nails, waiting what seems like forEVER, then the first thing I touch smears my polish.   Happened to me again this morning.

I've seen the fast-drying topcoats at the drugstore.  Various brands, various prices.  Do any of them work?   Can you recommend a drugstore topcoat that dries your polish quickly?

Thanks for your suggesions.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Nail polish topcoat that's fast drying?

@tototwo wrote:

Help!  I'm tired of polishing my nails, waiting what seems like forEVER, then the first thing I touch smears my polish.   Happened to me again this morning.

I've seen the fast-drying topcoats at the drugstore.  Various brands, various prices.  Do any of them work?   Can you recommend a drugstore topcoat that dries your polish quickly?

Thanks for your suggesions.

Haven't tried any, but you really need to take time to let the polish dry. I do one coat then give enough time for that to set then do my 2nd coat then I will wait for the top coat.

I have been using either Vitry nail treatment as a top coat and just used CND vinylux top coat

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear -- I'll add here that I always let my nails dry a long time.  This morning I sat quietly and watched the last 30 minutes of The Today Show while they dried -- then grabbled my purse and went to my car.  By the time I turned the key in the ignition, 2 nails were smeared.  All I use is one coat of Pink Gel Coat or some other clear polish.  I don't wear colors and usually just one coat.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I would say this is better than typical drying, but not super-fast. It is Sally Hansen Diamond Flash topcoat.  It says in 60 seconds it is dry to the touch. I would say more time is needed but even after 10 minutes I do not stick my hand in my purse or open a can of soda.  However, I like it much more than Julep topcoat. I bought into the hype, tried it a few times and tossed it out.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo Try Seche Vite.

Product Details

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

I use OPI Rapidry.  It's a spray.  It really does help my nails to dry much quicker than without it.  You just need to spray a tiny mist onto your nails.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I get major shrinkage and bad fumes from Seche vite. HK Girl is amazing.
Occasional Contributor

try dazzle dry,pricey but dries almost instantly

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I get major shrinkage and bad fumes from Seche vite. HK Girl is amazing.

shrinkage --why I stopped using Seche Vite

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@jackthebear -- I'll add here that I always let my nails dry a long time.  This morning I sat quietly and watched the last 30 minutes of The Today Show while they dried -- then grabbled my purse and went to my car.  By the time I turned the key in the ignition, 2 nails were smeared.  All I use is one coat of Pink Gel Coat or some other clear polish.  I don't wear colors and usually just one coat.  

:-(    the only other thing I could suggest is get your keys and bag out ready to go before you do your nails, carefully drive.  I have messed mine up at that point too,