Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish topcoat that's fast drying?

Ice water!  Wait about 5 minutes after polishing thenput them in ice water, or very cold water for a minute or two.

Esteemed Contributor

Ice water?  Seems like getting fresh polish wet would ruin it, but it's worth a try!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Seche Vite is a "no" for me - I've used it and hated it.  But I see the Sally Hansen Diamond Flash at the store all the time.  That might be the one.

I've seen commercials for Revlon's Diamond Gel Topcoat (can't think of the exact name) that promises to dry super fast.  Anyone use that? 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I think I've tried them all!  LOL  And finally I found one that really works!  It's called "Out The Door" and I got it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Super Contributor

I polish my nails in the evening and top them off with Out The Door.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond top Coat that I get at Walmart. Not only does it dry fast, but it gives a great shine to the nails. It removes easily. I put it over OPI polish.

Super Contributor

I have always used "out the door". You can get it at Sally's and it really works!

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Ice water?  Seems like getting fresh polish wet would ruin it, but it's worth a try!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Seche Vite is a "no" for me - I've used it and hated it.  But I see the Sally Hansen Diamond Flash at the store all the time.  That might be the one.

I've seen commercials for Revlon's Diamond Gel Topcoat (can't think of the exact name) that promises to dry super fast.  Anyone use that? 

I'm curious why you hated Seche Vita.  Is it because of the fumes?  

Frequent Contributor

HK Girl!  Seche Vite causes shrinkage and gets thick too quickly.

Honored Contributor

The only one I ever tried caused chipping in two or three days!  

Now I use the drying spray from Sally's Beauty Supply.

Honored Contributor

@tototwoIs it Revlon's Extra Life No Chip Top Coat?  That's my go to!  I can get two weeks if I use plastic gloves when I do the dishes.