Valued Contributor

Re: Nail polish topcoat that's fast drying?

Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat

Respected Contributor

Seche Vite! As long as you apply it over wet polish,and keep the bottle tightly closed, it is amazing. It dries plot in a flash,keeps it super shiny,and chipping is rare. Some don't like the smell,but I don't mind it. It's a small thing for a long lasting mani/pedi.

Respected Contributor

Seche vite....hands down, LOL!

Honored Contributor

They all work quickly for me.  My favorite is CND Vinylux top coat.  I use it with all brands.  It dries quickly and I seldom get a chip.

Honored Contributor

r

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@tototwo Try Seche Vite.

Product Details

This. This has been my holy grail top coat for many years now. It's available in some drugstores, but it may depend on location. Because it dries so fast, it also evaporates quickly and needs to be thinned. Regular thinning with some nail polish thinner will keep it from shrinking and getting stringy, which is will at the half-way mark without thinning. But Seche Vite is super shiny and stays shiny. I can get 5-7 days without chips or peels.

The Essie Gel Setter top coat also dries quickly and super shiny. It's supposed to make your polish last longer, but every time I use it I get chips in 2-3 days.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@jackthebear -- I'll add here that I always let my nails dry a long time.  This morning I sat quietly and watched the last 30 minutes of The Today Show while they dried -- then grabbled my purse and went to my car.  By the time I turned the key in the ignition, 2 nails were smeared.  All I use is one coat of Pink Gel Coat or some other clear polish.  I don't wear colors and usually just one coat.  

Was it very humid? Humidity makes polish dry more slowly. For me, it's been a solid predictor of when my AC is about to go out, because when my AC isn't running efficiently and it gets humid inside, my polish can take 2-3 hours to dry, even with Seche Vite and drying drops. Normally I can polish my nails and get in bed 30 minutes later without getting sheet marks on them, but when it's humid, I'll smudge my nails an hour after I paint them.

Respected Contributor

CVS carries Seche Vite - love it!

Respected Contributor

I order my Seche Vite from Amazon. I also ordered the Seche Restore to thin it.  

Honored Contributor

The girl who has done my nails for many years used to use Seche Vite (years ago) so I started using it.  It became thick so quickly and sometimes I got shrinkage.  She said that was the problem with it.  She switched to Out the Door so I did too.  I used it until gel top coats became popular. 

I've read many times you can thin out Seche Vite but you need to use their thinner as not all thinners are compatible. With so many great top coats, it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

HSN has OPI  special kits from time to time.  The top coats that have come with them have worked well.  I've had Deborah Lippmann kits, butter LONDON kits, Essie kits, Zoya kits, Julep kits and all top coats worked about the same.

Honored Contributor

I have tried them all, the only 2 I ever rebuy are Sally Hansen Mega Shine Extended Wear and Poshe, both of these beat Seche Vite by a mile. Trust me on this, these 2 are the best ones out there.