Trusted Contributor

Now that I've given my lecture {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}, I need help. I have been looking for a nail polish, preferably OPI. Essie or Zoya that is a nice no frost, no metallic, cream wine or burgundy. I don't want anything that leans toward black.

Any ideas????

Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Quinny said:

Now that I've given my lecture {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}, I need help. I have been looking for a nail polish, preferably OPI. Essie or Zoya that is a nice no frost, no metallic, cream wine or burgundy. I don't want anything that leans toward black.

Any ideas????

Essie Bordeaux is one of my favorites. OPI Malaga Wine is also beautiful. I have a lot of Zoyas, but none in that color because I already had Bordeaux and Malaga Wine. Not my pictures:

Bordeaux:

Notd; Essie Bordeaux

Malaga Wine:

Super Contributor
On 10/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 10/17/2014 Remee said:

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Is no one wearing pink for us ???

I am personally against pink-washing things for BCA. I find the whole idea of companies selling pink items just to be linked with a good cause to be very upsetting, especially companies that have anti-woman policies (NFL) or make or use products linked to cancer or other health risks (pink fracking drills, Susan Komen KFC buckets of chicken). I would rather use my words to talk to people about it that wear or purchase anything pink.

I so agree with this statement. I had breast cancer three years ago and no, I am not wearing pink!

I am wearing Zoya's Wednesday (per Zoya - faded dirty medium turquoise with green undertone and opaque cream finish. A very stylish shade with a funky, yet easy to wear vintage look. Intensity 5, Warm)

It is in the 90's in the desert southwest and I have not yet been moved to apply my fall shades. Hopefully soon.

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Snow Owl said:

I have been wearing pink until today. I do still have a pink pedi though. This is my Halloween mani. Hot & Spicy by OPI, Hit the Lights by Nicole by OPI, not pictured - Alpine Snow by OPI (white).

Adorable!

Super Contributor
On 10/21/2014 lulu2 said:

Hoovermom, keep in mind, some of the pictures are from blogs that swatch colors.

I wore acrylics for a few years. When I decided to get rid of them, I continued to get professional manicures. I used Nailtiques #2 and Barielle Liquid Protein. I was lucky that my girl always hand filed and never used a dremel or cheap products so my nails were not paper thin.

I get a professional manicure every 2 weeks and have a polish change (usually do it myself) in between. I have one nail with a chronic split and keep a tip on it or nail glue with acrylic powder. I'm lucky I do not get a lot of chipping with most brands. Truthfully my natural nails are more work than my acrylics ever were. With them I went every 2 weeks and never worried about polish chipping or nails breaking.

Lulu please look up Yodo Blanco, or decolorized iodine. I have a chronic split as well and read about Yodo Blanco as a remedy. You have to be diligent about it but it really does work. I purchased mine from Amazon.com.

Super Contributor

Thank you, birddrops Smile

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 birddrops said:
On 10/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 10/17/2014 Remee said:

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Is no one wearing pink for us ???

I am personally against pink-washing things for BCA. I find the whole idea of companies selling pink items just to be linked with a good cause to be very upsetting, especially companies that have anti-woman policies (NFL) or make or use products linked to cancer or other health risks (pink fracking drills, Susan Komen KFC buckets of chicken). I would rather use my words to talk to people about it that wear or purchase anything pink.

I so agree with this statement. I had breast cancer three years ago and no, I am not wearing pink!

I am wearing Zoya's Wednesday (per Zoya - faded dirty medium turquoise with green undertone and opaque cream finish. A very stylish shade with a funky, yet easy to wear vintage look. Intensity 5, Warm)

It is in the 90's in the desert southwest and I have not yet been moved to apply my fall shades. Hopefully soon.

In my family it is ovarian cancer and I absolutely understand. Too many unethical people/companies looking to make money off it and that is disgusting. I don't wear very much pink and what I do have I had already bought. I'd rather donate directly.

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Quinny said:

Any ideas????

Skyfall by OPI. One of my favorites. View more swatches HERE.

Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ by OPI. HERE

Occasional Contributor
Nice color suggestions.....that's going to cost me Smiley Happy So how about suggestions for how to store/display your polish. My daughter and I have a drawer we just toss the bottles into. Anyone have any good ideas???? TIA.
Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 pam4322 said: Nice color suggestions.....that's going to cost me Smiley Happy So how about suggestions for how to store/display your polish. My daughter and I have a drawer we just toss the bottles into. Anyone have any good ideas???? TIA.

Right now I'm using acrylic wall racks. But I ran out of room and started using shoe boxes. I plan to build my own. MORE IDEAS.

You can also use those hanging racks with pockets. Similar to THIS. I've seen them with smaller pockets at TJ Maxx. I'm getting one of those for my closet to put my tools and accessories in.

HERE is the hanging rack with pockets.