Honored Contributor

@juperier wrote:

@lulu2 I hope you left Yara on longer than the next morning! Great choice for going outside your comfort zone!

@juperier

I was okay with it, although it clashed with much of which I wanted to wear. When my husband returned home, he thought it looked like his old army fatigues. I covered it (was to lazy to remove it) with Zoya Evvie. ("a dark smokey grey with strong green teal undertones")  I like it.

Trusted Contributor

@lulu2Evvie would go better with my normal wardrobe. But I bet Yara didn't clash nearly as bad as you thought it did. Even tho it may not be the "perfect" color match, it is a more or less neutral color. And (if I recall correctly) it's a plain creme, so no glitter, texture, etc to draw attention.

Honored Contributor

@juperier

Evvie was much more wearable for me.  My husband doesn't comment often on my color selections but he REALLY didn't like Yara.

Today I had my nails done. I had a coupon for a free set of Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy so used it.  The color, Hold 'Em, is more me. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2, I love that Revlon color.

I had my nails done Tuesday.  I'm getting a little peeved at the place I've been going to and may have to venture somewhere else.  Their color selection is starting to get very stale.  They did get the OPI Washington DC collection in and they had some swatches separated from all the other colors.  I wanted to try another from that collection and asked for the choices and the guy couldn't find the swatches so I had to pick something from the old colors.

I ended up with Gelish Looking for a Wingman and I'm sure I've done this before. 

Image result for gelish nail polish looking for a wingman   

Honored Contributor

My toes are now naked for the winter.  My fingers are sporting another OBG, Zoya Petra. (dark, smokey purple-gray)

Trusted Contributor

I finally managed to do a stamped mani that I loved. Unfortunately I didn't get around to taking a picture till now, when it's a bit past ready to remove. 

20161111_092603.jpg

Polishes used were Zombie Claw Polish Brave (from a limited edition box) and Superchic Lacquier Rosebuddy (who knew you can get this amazing a stamped image from a linear holo).

Other polishes worn recently include Different Dimension Hidden Penny (part of limited edition duo, can't find image to snag, gold with shimmer/microglitter) Jior Couture Gnome Tricks, Just Treats (also from a limited edition box), Black Cat Lacquer Poison Apple (mine is too old to have much color change left), Beyond the Nail Comet and Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer Squall At St George (yet another from a limited edition box).

Honored Contributor

I always enjoy seeing everyone's holiday manicures.  Presently I'm wearing Zoya Linds  on my ring fingers and Zoya Chita on my other 8 fingers.  Both are from their Pixie Dust collections.

main image

zoya nail polish pixiedust ZP698    CHITA

Trusted Contributor

@lulu2 I'm glad you bumped the thread. I've kept right on changing polishe every 2-3 days, but haven't kept a list of what polishes I've chosen. I can't find any decent images of what I'm currently wearing  (Virago :"Gust" topped with Jess Lacquer "Constellation Prize") and it's a little past the point where I'd want to take my own. If I change polish tonight, I'll come back and post. But I may just wait until tomorrow's mail...should have lots of new choices then (as if I don't already have plenty of choices from the BF polishes I've already received...)

@nomless How are your nails doing. I thought you were back to wearing polish again?

@Irshgrl31201 What about you? Been  buying/wearing anything you care to share?

Trusted Contributor

Late last night I opted for Different Dimension Chocolate, accented with Different Dimension Have Faith in Destiny.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey @juperier (and all the other ladies) I am doing great, how have you been? Well I have gotten a few polishes recently. Right now I am wearing this by Different Dimension Once Upon A Midnight Dreary

I just like that one! I also picked up Crows Toes Wheelers Bag of Gold. I will be changing into that tomorrow for some Christmas parties I have coming up. One is formal and it will match my dress but the rest are just low key parties. Here is that one. 

The other Crows Toes I picked up is Orangeblooded and here that one is. 

As you can see, I still have an addiction to the glitter polishes too! A couple of days before Christmas I plan on putting on Essie Ruby Pumps (I think that is the name of it).

I don't know what happened with my body chemistry but in the past polish would only last on me a couple of days before chipping. Well the past 5 yrs of so I can wear any polish usually chip free for a week but I have purchased Gelous and Out the Door and when I am done with the polish, I put on a coat of Gelous and then a coat of Out the Door. WOW! I can wear a polish now for about 2 to 3 weeks chip free and almost wear free if I put on a coat of Out the Door every 4-5 days after the initial coats. It really looks and last like gel polish and it is super shiny. I really am loving that combo and I can't remember who gave this tip but it was one of the many nail girls on youtube but I love it!

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I am all done with my shopping. I try to get that done early because I get too stressed out if that isn't finished by the end of Nov. I usually have house guests for about 7-10 days around Christmas and with that, it makes me want to get everything I can get done ahead of time out of the way!! I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas in case I don't get by to say it later!! 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK