Trusted Contributor

Re: NUFACE vs the EGG on HSN

I convinced myself to try the NuFACE and I received my $129.00 unit today. I ordered it in Teal and the box states "Advanced". Prior to ordering, I sought out all of the "micro-current/EMS/TENS" units that have received FDA clearance on FDA.gov and read their applications, etc. Based on what I read, there is nothing quite like NuFACE. Their new mini unit received clearance in April and I see it arrived this week @ the Q.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Frequent Contributor

On 5/16/2014 lyn in MI said: I convinced myself to try the NuFACE and I received my $129.00 unit today. I ordered it in Teal and the box states "Advanced". Prior to ordering, I sought out all of the "micro-current/EMS/TENS" units that have received FDA clearance on FDA.gov and read their applications, etc. Based on what I read, there is nothing quite like NuFACE. Their new mini unit received clearance in April and I see it arrived this week @ the Q.

lyn

Thanks for sharing that, you are always so informed, and helpful.

Glad you both got the advanced.

Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, saidthespidertothefly. I was surprised to see that I received an Advanced Classic Model. I originally placed a white one in my cart, but I also wanted the additional warranty on special for $35.00 and it charged me the full $59.00 when I added it to my cart, so I removed the white and tried the teal. That color choice charged me the reduced amount of $35.00 for the extended warranty, so I checked out. I will unbox it and begin treatments once we return home from vacation the end of this month. I complete my first round of Tria treatments next Thurs night (only 7+ wks for me, due to our vacation that begins next Fri.), so my NuFACE treatments will begin at the end of my first week of recovery.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Frequent Contributor

lyn, you just get better with each post, you help so much, I just may swap it out and see. I am sure they both will preform the same, but I like my bells & beeps.

I am also still Tria-ing, I look forward to the recovery period, and the discussions that I hope will follow, and especially for your posts.

Have a wonderful, safe and memory making vacation, you deserve it.

Trusted Contributor

saidthespidertothefly - I like those little reminders, too. If you contact NuFACE, they may be willing to do a no charge exchange and issue you a return label. You ordered a new one for $129.00 and not the "refreshed" one for $129.00, right? I noticed they had both available in their online store.

Thank you for your kind wishes regarding our vacation. Our 34th anniversary was last weekend, and I've wanted to go to London for many years. He gave in this year, but wasn't too excited about it, lol. He prefers we go to destinations where he can fish. We live on a lake and he can fish anytime he wants to. The term "avid fisherman" has his picture by it.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

On 5/16/2014 saidthespidertothefly said:
On 5/15/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:
On 5/15/2014 jwabbit said:
On 5/15/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

UPDATE: My NuFace Classic ($129 at mynuface) arrived yesterday. It's actually the Advanced Model that beeps to tell you when to re-position it. Great deal, as the Advanced model used to be sold only at spas.

Great! Thanks for the update. I didn't know that they had a Classic version that beeps.

I have no idea why they call it Classic on their web site. The box has Advanced all over it. There was a "classic" Nuface, the first one that QVC sold. This looks like that one but has a beeper and a low battery warning.

Indy, Please tell me what color did you order/get?

I got mine today and you are lucky, because I got the basic classic. The manual does say some models beep (the advanced only).

There is the light, and wheel for adjustment, but without any, or very slight sensation, I do not know what to think. Time will tell.

Anyone else care to share their experience.

Sorry, just now saw this. I got the gray one. It also says Advanced on the unit itself, on the front, but the word 'advanced' is very tiny.

Also, when using it, I don't "feel" any current unless I turn it all the way up. I have been using it about halfway.

Frequent Contributor

lyn in MI, I ordered and received a new product, I saw the refurbished one too, oddly for the same price. Nuface was closed, I read their return policy and went ahead and ordered the teal, hopefully it will be the advanced model. I typically choose devices or items in either black or white, not color. Funny because I kept hesitating in choosing this time.

When I went for the reorder, and I do not usually buy a warranty, but as you had said the policy cost changed. The white and the gray with the 24 month came to $184.00, and the teal total came to $149.00. I put in cart took out, closed the windows, reopened, did it in different browsers, because of cookies, same results. All 3 were $129.00 alone, it shows $35.00 for the add on, and it really comes to $55 or $20, go figure. I went with the teal and for $20.00 more added in the extended. I will report back as to what I end up getting.

~~~

You are welcome and A Very Happy 34th to you both. Hum-mm fishing, London, fishing, London, duh, heck tell him he can fish in the river Thames. I believe you both will have a great experience. tally ho pip pip!

Valued Contributor

Now I am wondering if the Facemaster is a microcurrent device? Lyn, do you know?

Frequent Contributor

Post dissappeared, try again, insert cranky face-

Indy-Blond2, No need for an apology, after all you were first to alert us about the advanced model, and I thank and appreciate you for that. Not to bore and repeat my update that I wrote in the previous post to lyn, you see what transpired. The gray is good looking, but I thought oh the white would be more plentiful in stock, and perhaps have less issues, got that so wrong. In the end the extra feature is nice, but if not it will be OK.

It really does not take much time for the routine. Without really feeling it, maybe ever so slightly, it's sort of odd, after the EGG. The EGG also had more areas to cover, and time to do, 10 levels, 3 programs, a different experience.

I look forward to sharing NuFace news.

Frequent Contributor

Gem Lover, Thank you for starting this thread, I hope you are good with your decision.

lyn & Indy and to ALL that participated in this and other threads, thank you.

I find it curious and interesting with the Nuface situation, and it shows how paying attention, and the sharing of information leads to different results. With this item and other products, the differences, on the Q, elsewhere, features, prices, promos, the results are so helpful. Many view and benefit from those that help, even when beginning with a question. I hope more are encouraged to participate with positive energy.

Have a good evening, I am so late, gotta go~