Trusted Contributor

Re: NUFACE vs the EGG on HSN

Judaline. I think the Classic and Trinity use the same micro current technology. The Trinity base can also be used with the LED and ELE attachments.

I just found this info about the NuFace...

The devices use microcurrent, a low-level alternating current that typically operates in the range of 0-400 microamps. Microcurrent facial toning devices send soft, gentle waves to the muscles in the face to help relax overly-tightened muscles and strengthen under-worked muscles. In essence, microcurrent facial toning “re-educates” the facial muscles and works to restore them back to their original state. When this happens, the face is lifted, firmed and toned to a more youthful appearance, according to the company.
©HAPPI January 2013
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Lyn is right. On the NuFace web site, both the Classic and Trinity have the same range of microamps. I just ordered the Classic since it's only $129. I'm ditching my Egg and going back to the NuFace. I didn't give the Classic enough time to see results when I purchased it a few years ago. I wish I'd kept it now that I have learned so much about the correct amount of microamps and ATP.

Those large silver balls felt so cold on my face! {#emotions_dlg.devil2} Although now that the weather is warming up and I'm constantly hot due to menopause, they will feel good.

Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 jwabbit said:
On 5/8/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

Thanks for trying to get the lowdown; it sounds to me like they know it's over 500 microamps, but they don't want us to know.

The user manual says it is 15 milliamps per channel. That would equal 15,000 microamps per side.

ETA: The EGG's user manual, that is.

Thanks for posting this. I looked for my Egg manual but there wasn't anything but the DVD included with mine. They must have forgot to put an instruction manual in when they packed it.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the information posted here. I do not remember seeing the difference posted before, so it is news to me.

For those with a better grasp, with the EGG would the different levels of strength 1 to 10 make a difference. I wonder if the 10 level is the at 15 MA, therefore less at the lower levels?

You would think that the technology production the lower micro is simple to achieve.

Super Contributor

On 5/9/2014 lyn in MI said: Judaline. I think the Classic and Trinity use the same micro current technology. The Trinity base can also be used with the LED and ELE attachments.

I just found this info about the NuFace...

The devices use microcurrent, a low-level alternating current that typically operates in the range of 0-400 microamps. Microcurrent facial toning devices send soft, gentle waves to the muscles in the face to help relax overly-tightened muscles and strengthen under-worked muscles. In essence, microcurrent facial toning “re-educates” the facial muscles and works to restore them back to their original state. When this happens, the face is lifted, firmed and toned to a more youthful appearance, according to the company.
©HAPPI January 2013

I was interested in the EGG TS (TTV?) because it contained 2 devices -- use them both at once and cut my treatment time in half! Then when I started Googling "Tria vx NuFace", etc., learned of the ACCURATE meaning of a true microcurrent and how those devices (and there are LOTS of them) that strongly contract the muscles are deterimental long-term.

I returned my NuFace because I hated the time it took and the gel. But maybe I'll get two of the originals and see if I actually do the treatment on both sides of my face simultaneously.

Again, thanks for sharing the facts, Lyn! :-)

Contributor

On 5/9/2014 lyn in MI said:
On 5/8/2014 jwabbit said:
On 5/8/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

Thanks for trying to get the lowdown; it sounds to me like they know it's over 500 microamps, but they don't want us to know.

The user manual says it is 15 milliamps per channel. That would equal 15,000 microamps per side.

ETA: The EGG's user manual, that is.

Thanks, jwabbit!! The CSR told me each level is + or - 15, so if I'm understanding your post correctly, even at the lowest level, it reduces our ATP, because that level is 3 times the max recommended (500 microamps). I can't imagine the damage that could occur at the higher levels.

It surprises me that SSC advertises the EGG as a micro-current system and gets away with comparing it to the NuFace.

You're welcome, lyn! Smiley Happy

I think "micro-current" is a buzzword now days so a lot of these machines are using it to get our attention. It got my attention.

Not too many video reviews on Youtube on the EGG but this one is recent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imprYS92o28

Frequent Contributor

On 5/9/2014 saidthespidertothefly said:

Thanks for all the information posted here. I do not remember seeing the difference posted before, so it is news to me.

For those with a better grasp, with the EGG would the different levels of strength 1 to 10 make a difference. I wonder if the 10 level is the at 15 MA, therefore less at the lower levels?

You would think that the technology production the lower micro is simple to achieve.

? EGG has levels of strength 1 to 10 would it make a difference?

I wonder if the 10 level is the at 15 MA, therefore less MA at the lower levels?

Contributor

? EGG levels of strength 1 to 10 make a difference.

I wonder if the 10 level is the at 15 MA, therefore less at the lower levels?

My guess is that it would be the middle setting (strength 5) is 15 MA so it could go either way, up or down, + or -.

They can give you a vague area that way and not have to give the exact measurements of electrical current.

Trusted Contributor

jwabbit - TY for the link to the YTube review. I can understand why the reviewer is seeing negative results with the EGG compared to her previous experience with a true micro-current unit. I read the following @ EuropeanSkinInstitute.com

Here is what you need to know:

A true microcurrent uses less than 500 microamperes. Its intensity is so low it does not and cannot cause any visual or physical muscle movement.

Some people confuse microcurrent with EMS-type devices such the ones we can see in Esthetics Shows or TV infomercials.

These devices use as much as 5,000 microamperes and even though it seems to produce instant tonification of the muscle, it does not. In actuality, when used cumulatively, they create flaccid and lifeless muscles, completely void of ATP. True microcurrent will re-educate the muscle over time...

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 5/9/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/9/2014 lyn in MI said: <b>Judaline</b>. I think the Classic and Trinity use the same micro current technology. The Trinity base can also be used with the LED and ELE attachments.<br /> <br /> I just found this info about the NuFace...<br /> <br /> <i>The devices use microcurrent, a low-level alternating current that <b>typically operates in the range of 0-400 microamps</b>. Microcurrent facial toning devices send soft, gentle waves to the muscles in the face to help relax overly-tightened muscles and strengthen under-worked muscles. In essence, microcurrent facial toning “re-educates” the facial muscles and works to restore them back to their original state. When this happens, the face is lifted, firmed and toned to a more youthful appearance, according to the company.</i><br /> ©HAPPI January 2013

I was interested in the EGG TS (TTV?) because it contained 2 devices -- use them both at once and cut my treatment time in half! Then when I started Googling "Tria vx NuFace", etc., learned of the ACCURATE meaning of a true microcurrent and how those devices (and there are LOTS of them) that strongly contract the muscles are deterimental long-term.

I returned my NuFace because I hated the time it took and the gel. But maybe I'll get two of the originals and see if I actually do the treatment on both sides of my face simultaneously.

Again, thanks for sharing the facts, Lyn! :-)

Maren, I've read before that you have had trouble with the gel. I would like to suggest...if you go the NuFace route again...to check into the Spectra 360 gel which is used for ultrasounds. It isn't messy at all and stays wet for quite a while. I apply to small sections at a time and don't have to apply it thickly. An 8.5oz tube can last me a good three months using it almost daily. I hated the NuFace gel and found aloe vera gel too runny and messy. Also was very drying on my skin which is dry already. There was a poster back when I got mine who suggested this gel and have been grateful to her ever since especially as I read how many issues women are having with the various gels.