Super Contributor

Re: NUFACE vs the EGG on HSN

Thanks for trying to get the lowdown; it sounds to me like they know it's over 500 microamps, but they don't want us to know.

Contributor

On 5/8/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

Thanks for trying to get the lowdown; it sounds to me like they know it's over 500 microamps, but they don't want us to know.

The user manual says it is 15 milliamps per channel. That would equal 15,000 microamps per side.

ETA: The EGG's user manual, that is.

Super Contributor

I have the Egg and am having a hard time about committing myself to using it.

I cannot stand using the gel. That is my number one issue. It's so time consuming to stop, put on gel, stop put on gel. Then clean it all off.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 LuluCCS said:

I have the Egg and am having a hard time about committing myself to using it.

I cannot stand using the gel. That is my number one issue. It's so time consuming to stop, put on gel, stop put on gel. Then clean it all off.

The gel was a BIG contributing factor to why I ditched my NuFace. And, they say don't use more frequently than once every 24 hours and that would just not fit in my schedule. The biggest factor was the time it was taking -- around 40 minutes as I was doing the advanced technique. I think I was seeing a pleasant difference, even though I didn't use it as often as recommended, but the time, the gel... I hated to return it but thought just because it works, it won't work for ME if I don't use it!

Tria came up with a gel-less laser, don't know if it's possible for a microcurrent to be gel-less.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't realize that the NuFace had a crème primer. I can not use the gel primer because I get rashes. I am going to try this crème primer and start using my NuFace again. I have two of them, the classic and the new one. I will do both sides at the same time. LOL

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you, snow! hahaha Where will the Tria fit in? I would like to try the NuFace but I'm afraid if I don't use it every single day my face will return to normal.

Trusted Contributor

HAHAHAHA Jud, you know me with my rashes!!!! I will use the NuFace in the morning and the Tria at night. Do you still use the EGG? Mine is sitting in the box.

Honored Contributor

You should have sent it back! Yeah, I still use it. It ain't much, but it's all I got! Now I found out from reading here that it isn't even microcurrent. I don't believe a word Jennifer says so I don't know why I fell for this.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/8/2014 jwabbit said:
On 5/8/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

The user manual says it is 15 milliamps per channel. That would equal 15,000 microamps per side.

ETA: The EGG's user manual, that is.

Thanks, jwabbit!! The CSR told me each level is + or - 15, so if I'm understanding your post correctly, even at the lowest level, it reduces our ATP, because that level is 3 times the max recommended (500 microamps). I can't imagine the damage that could occur at the higher levels.

It surprises me that SSC advertises the EGG as a micro-current system and gets away with comparing it to the NuFace.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

lyn, is the original nuface as good as the new one? The original is on sale. Sounds like I'd better toss my EGG.