Valued Contributor

Re: NUFACE vs the EGG on HSN

On 5/17/2014 lyn in MI said:
On 5/17/2014 MidNight said:

Hi Lyn!....Do you know how the Nutritone compares to the Nuface?...I am wondering if i should get the Nuface while its on sale...

Based on Isomers FDA application summary, it appears to be more similar to Facemaster. In fact, its summary includes a side by side comparison to Facemaster ( Click right HERE, to read the Nutritone summary filed with the FDA). Isomers also advises to use every other day because our muscles need a 48 hour rest between treatments.

Thats odd it would be like Facemaster... the way Manuela talks i would have thought it was different.Thanks so much Lyn!

Valued Contributor

Wow lovemygigi that is a bummer!Sure does make you wonder if it WAS the EGG.I am so glad i did not use mine that long..This all really makes me mad.

I called them back after reading what you wrote and talked to a supervisor and HSN is going to refund my money for a store credit because i bought my unit a yr ago...I guess that is better than nothing..Will be curious to see if SSC changes there spiel on this device now that the complaints have rolled in.Thank you for posting the info!...Maybe you could try the Nuface and repair what has happened...Dont know if you saw but there website has them right now for 129.00.

Frequent Contributor

I have both and am a little confused with the EMS vs. micro current. It seems as if the EGG is more powerful, if I base it on how it feels. My muscles actually jump when I use it in certain places.

For those who ordered the EGG recently, there is a 60 day return policy.

One thing I did notice with the EGG is that it darkens some spots which I've worked so hard to fade.

Does anyone have both devices and can they compare their results?

Thanks for all of the informative posts!

Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, gtx. We are looking forward to our trip. Maybe I'll take my first "selfie" while we're there, lol.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

lovemygigi - GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! imho, HSN should refund everyone who purchased the EGG based on the belief it was "two NuFACE machines", and now wants their money back. The HSN/Serious Skin Care presentation is a gross misrepresentation of the facts, and they have raked in literally millions and millions of $$$ since its launch in 2012 by convincing customers that the EGG has the same technology as the NuFACE. Micro-current technology and EMS technology are not one in the same. NuFACE is true micro-current, so the benefits one can expect are very different than the benefits one will achieve using EMS.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

Great I waited too long to submit my reply to 3redheads. I will get a cup of coffee and begin anew.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 5/17/2014 3redheads said:

I have both and am a little confused with the EMS vs. micro current. It seems as if the EGG is more powerful, if I base it on how it feels. My muscles actually jump when I use it in certain places.

For those who ordered the EGG recently, there is a 60 day return policy.

One thing I did notice with the EGG is that it darkens some spots which I've worked so hard to fade.

Does anyone have both devices and can they compare their results?

Thanks for all of the informative posts!

Micro-current stimulation delivers tiny electrical impulses that mirror the body’s own natural bio electrical field. In most cases, treatment is virtually sub-sensory, with just a slight electrical tingling sensation.

Originally developed for treating facial palsy Micro-current therapy is now also used widely in physiotherapy for pain control and in hospitals for wound healing. As an aesthetic treatment micro-current stimulation has been shown to have a number of other cosmetic benefits:
• re-educates muscles
• increases blood and lymph circulation
• enhances the penetration of the active ingredients of skin care formulations
• increases the production of collagen and elastin
• increases protein synthesis, gluconeogenesis and cell membrane transport
• increases mitochondria activity, adenosine triphosphate (ATP)

©caci-international.co.uk

EMS (electronic muscle stimulation) is very different than micro-current stimulation and yes as you stated, it feels stronger, because its output is much higher than micro-current...
Electronic muscle stimulator (EMS) units use continuous electrical bursts aimed at particular muscles to force them to contract and relax. During muscle stimulation, the body sends blood and oxygen to these areas and increases production of endorphins. Electronic muscle stimulator units are beneficial in a variety of medical and cosmetic applications.
©ehow.com

My issue with the EGG is not that I think it's bad. My issue is that it is not micro-current as advertised and promoted. It contains EMS technology which makes the EGG very different than the NuFACE. NuFACE (micro-current) can be used daily, however EMS should not be used on a daily basis, because the muscles need 48 hours to restore themselves between each treatment. Also, the body's reaction is different to micro-current (MENS) than it is to EMS, so one needs to decide what they are looking for in terms of aesthetic results. One example of the difference is that tests show micro-current increases adenosine triphosphate (ATP), whereas EMS decreases ATP.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

On 5/17/2014 MidNight said:

Wow lovemygigi that is a bummer!Sure does make you wonder if it WAS the EGG.I am so glad i did not use mine that long..This all really makes me mad.

I called them back after reading what you wrote and talked to a supervisor and HSN is going to refund my money for a store credit because i bought my unit a yr ago...I guess that is better than nothing..Will be curious to see if SSC changes there spiel on this device now that the complaints have rolled in.Thank you for posting the info!...Maybe you could try the Nuface and repair what has happened...Dont know if you saw but there website has them right now for 129.00.

Midnight:

Did CS indicate a time limit on how long you could have the EGG before they would do a refund? Had mine about 2 years, but won't be using after reading this post. Plus I have 2 others that are micro-current.

Honored Contributor

in the demo Manuela hooks the device up to a voltage meter. It is clearly delivering an electrical current. I own one and trust me when I say that you can feel it when you have it turned up too high. as for Suzanne Somers as an expert she's about as reliable as Jenny McCarthy ; )

[ Edited ]

Ducking ....Smiley Very Happy......Actually, I have a variety of facial machines, from microcurrent, EMS (the Egg) to Ultrasonic and Radiofrequency, as well as combo machines, and even Galvanic.  

I'm very knowledgable on the issue at hand and understand there is a difference, but personally I believe each one has a place in our beauty routine.  Everyone here has to remember that both Nuface and the Egg are FDA cleared.....and believe me!!!! nothing and I mean nothing that is available to the public is going to be strong enough to hurt an individual.  

I've done research on the skin going flacid after use of the EMS and have read extensively and that is a bunch of bull.  

Also, if you read about or stay current on famous celeb's skin care treatments, you'll find out that they undergo EMS (not microcurrent) at high end salon's in Beveryl Hill's....not that...that make's it perfect.....but I'm sure there is benefit to it.  

Actually, I even have the Refa (you can watch a long presentation on it) -- roller (but I have a knock off) -- it was listed in the top 5 microcurrent machines.  It is not electric or battery operated, however it is platinum and has 2 large diamond cut balls that have a kneading massage (lovely) and the solar panel allows for a low level microcurrent.

Anyway, I find the Egg relaxing as I like the contractions that occur with it and find it relaxing.  The Nuface doesn't do that.  I watch Christine Byer's posts on Youtube...she's a lovely esthetician and reviews many products, facial machines, gels, etc and has several video's explaining MC and how to do it.  Of course, most of them, she uses her big 2 wanded professional machine...but she also reviews other.  I've learned a lot from her.  

Anyway, relax and have fun with whichever machine you have....and just know that too much of any good thing is not healthy.  Moderation people!!  Be well and here's to beauty!!  I'm 58 and have NOT one wrinkle on my face....have been using retinol, C, hyaluronic acid and various facial machines since my 20's.