Highlighted
Super Contributor
I believe these are both supposed to do the same thing with the micro-current to take away lines etc. I have been using the Egg for about 3 weeks. Doesn't always work;either one side or the other works. If you don't use for a couple of days, you seem to sag worse. I think these gadgets actually stretch out your skin worse. What is your opinion?
Super Contributor

Re: NUFACE vs the EGG on HSN

I can't believe no one has an opinion? Does anyone use Nuface.
Esteemed Contributor

I use the EgG but not as often as I should but when I am consistent I see and feel the difference. I cannot compare it with the. NuFace though but I prefer that you could do sides at once. The explanation of it not working on both sides sometimes is explained in the demonstration why that happens. Hope this helps.
Super Contributor

From what I've been reading lately, the Egg is not truly a microcurrent machine because you can feel it. The NuFace is under 500 microamps, so it is a real microcurrent machine. I tried the NuFace when it first came out, but didn't see results quickly and it cost a lot of money then and I returned it. I wish now that I kept it after seeing it's a real machine (go to essentialdayspa.com and you can read up on this). I have the Egg but don't use it often enough.

NuFace's web site mynuface.com has the classic model now for only $129 with free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

No experience with the EGG but have used the NuFace since August of '12. Love it. I recently had to be out of town for two months and couldn't take it with me. I was sure my face was going to drop especially as I have terrible skin tone.toward the end of the two months I was noticing some sagging but got right back on it as soon as I got home and felt my skin responded pretty quickly. I also use the Lightstim and have since September '12.
Super Contributor

I have been using Palovia for the past year and I feel it keeps the eye area in check, the eleven lines and lip areas. I was hoping the EGG would cover the rest, but I don't see the results I was hoping for. Thanks for your input ladies.
Trusted Contributor

On 5/7/2014 gem lover said: I have been using Palovia for the past year and I feel it keeps the eye area in check, the eleven lines and lip areas. I was hoping the EGG would cover the rest, but I don't see the results I was hoping for. Thanks for your input ladies.

I couldn't agree with you more on the results of the eye area when using Palovia. However, mine recently died! I used it for about 14 months and suddenly went bad on me. Was very disappointed to see they are no longer being made. Enjoy yours!

Trusted Contributor

On 5/7/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

From what I've been reading lately, the Egg is not truly a microcurrent machine because you can feel it. The NuFace is under 500 microamps, so it is a real microcurrent machine. I tried the NuFace when it first came out, but didn't see results quickly and it cost a lot of money then and I returned it. I wish now that I kept it after seeing it's a real machine (go to essentialdayspa.com and you can read up on this). I have the Egg but don't use it often enough.

NuFace's web site mynuface.com has the classic model now for only $129 with free shipping.

I agree that the EGG is not a micro-current unit. SSC purchased the BaByliss 8305 and rebranded it as the EGG. Although they refer to it as a micro-current machine and compare it to a NuFace during their HSN presentation, the EGG (previously sold as BaByliss Facial Toning System) uses EMS (electronic muscle stimulation) technology, not micro-current.

Effects of microcurrent
In 1982 Ngok Cheng published, The Effect of Electric Currents on ATP Generation, Protein Synthesis and Membrane Transport in Rat Skin in Clinical Orthopedics volume 171: pages 264-272. This study showed that microcurrent increased ATP production in rat skin by 500%. ATP is the chemical that the body uses for energy. The current also increased amino acid transport into the cell by 70% and waste product removal. The implications for human healing and repair are obvious. ATP production was increased as long as the current was below 500 microamps. When the authors increased the current to 1000 micro amps, or one milliamp, a current range delivered by TENS devices and other types of electrical stimulation therapies, the ATP production was actually reduced.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Yes! That is what I read, Lyn. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

On 5/8/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

Yes! That is what I read, Lyn. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I found the study posted @ holisticphysicaltherapy.org.

I called Serious Skincare to find out what the microamp range is on the EGG and the CSR advised me that the company won't give them that information. She said that "each level is a plus or minus 15", but she could not tell me the lowest or highest microamp. I asked her if there was any way I could acquire that information, because it was important to my purchase making decision. She said no and then said basically that if I had to have that information in order to help me make a decision about purchasing one, b'bye, lol.

ETA: I called Serious Skincare, not the infomercial number.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007