Honored Contributor

NO! Serum Firms or Lifts!!šŸ’

[ Edited ]
Perpetual propaganda - when hope is not enough serum. There is no serum nor cream which does. Save your money! By the way this serum contains irritants. Paula's choice beautypedia highlights.
Trusted Contributor

Re: NO! Serum Firms or Lifts!!šŸ’

Are you saying all products or just this product? I tried it once, I was unimpressed. I like vitamin c capsules and I use a vitamin c serum everyday from 40 carrots, $5 at Marshalls, inrun out of the c caps and I never run out of this little $5 gem...I believe it helps your skin.
Trusted Contributor

Oh I read your post again...I agree, nothing lifts but I do believe there are creams that tighten, while only temporary.
Respected Contributor

But if the hope lifts your spirits, hey, I'm not going to argue about it. They just shouldn't charge more than $25 a jar for it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Beautypedia Helps, Take what you can use leave what doesn't.
Contributor

For goodness sakes, you all need to take Paula with at least a grain of salt. She's not the font of all wisdom on skincare and makeup. For years, she hammered every foundation I preferred as being "too pink." Some of us are pink, not yellow, and look ridiculous and cadaverous in yellow foundation. Yes, there is some, not all but some, good advice on Beautipedia but there are mistakes there too.

Respected Contributor

Women will continue to spend millions of dollars on hype.  Find something you like and don't fall for all the hype.  Nothing is going to "lift" your face but a facelift!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Women will continue to spend millions of dollars on hype.  Find something you like and don't fall for all the hype.  Nothing is going to "lift" your face but a facelift!

Or laser skin tightening. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think that there are all kinds of skin firming ingredients, as well as manipulations, but only superficial "lifting."

But I don't think the vendor jargon is going to change any time soon.

Respected Contributor

Purity Made Simple and When Hope Is Not Enough are two products I use that have been game changers for me.  No, they do not "lift" sagging facial muscles due to aging but the brightness and texture of my skin is vastly improved.  I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream and the combo of three really help my complexion look it's best.  Not every product works for everyone.  I once used Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum and within two days my face was the color of beets.  Find what works best for you and by the way it doesn't have to cost a fortune.