Honored Contributor

What I found with these fragrances is that I often did not really like how they smelled just sniffing them out of the bottle but how a few of them smell on me is a whole other story!

I only have the mini roller balls that came in a 3 pack. They last a very long time on me.

I am not real into perfumes and rarely use them but I really like the Dhalia & vines -I normally don't like florals very much but this is just pretty and romantic- perfect for date night.

I also really love the Verde scent. It smells quite differently on me than in the bottle. In fact, if I didn't get them for a gift there is no way I'd ever buy this one just based on the sniff test I did. However, on me, it smells amazing and hubby comments every time I wear it. It is more of a "green" scent but not like I smell like grass, lol. Just a nice, fresh scent.

I did not like the Midnight fleur at all and neither did my hubby. It smells like something my grandma wears (no offense to anyone who loves it). It just doesn't mesh with my body chemistry.

Still not sure about Indigo. Haven't really worn it yet but the scent isn't blowing me away but I know now that I can't soley trust that!

Honored Contributor

@Jacie - One other thing...  If there are only one or two scents that you're interested in, rather than buying an entire sampler set you could look on eBay for individual trial sizes.  Just an idea.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Midnight Fleur reminds me a lot of Theirry Mugler's Angel or Viktor and Rolf's FlowerBomb.

Thank you for this information.  After watching a presentation, I was considering ordering this fragrance.  I do not care for either of the scents you mentioned so you saved me money.
Honored Contributor

If you have access to a Sephora, you can ask for free samples.

I have tried them all and didn't find any that were full-bottle worthy. In fact, I disliked most of them. And I, too, don't favor Flowerbomb or Angel, so that probably accounts for my particularly not enjoying Midnight Fleur.

If they do all contain patchouli, that may contribute to my reaction. Patchouli and I rarely get along.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago I ordered the ODO NEST frangrance and body cream in Indigo. I really like it. It lasts pretty long on me too. 

I agree with others that if you have a Sephora near you, go smell them. I took a chance by ordering this, but I went with Laura and Jill's description. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie

I agree that it's worth looking and trying these fragrances first if you are near a Sephora store as you may or may not like them. I only like Nest Paradise which smells like oranges. It's not one of the fragrances included in any kits I've seen online or in store and so far I've only bought 2 rollerballs. My next fragrance purchase will be a full size bottle of Nest Paradise.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze Just ruined my diabolical plan!

I ordered the 5 pack with every intention of sniffing and giving away a few as gifts!

Speaking of Angel I adore the mens' version so I was really disappointed when I spritzed the womens' on myself at Ulta! But then it dried down and I really liked it..

Trusted Contributor

Re: NEST Fragrances

[ Edited ]

@Jacie, as many have suggested and if you have a Sephora near by, you can test them ... they have a sampler set of 7 for $36 - or go on-line.

This set contains:
7 x 0.10 oz/ 3 mL Rollerballs in Midnight Fleur, Verde, Dahlia & Vines, Indigo, Citrine, White Sandalwood, Paradise

IHTH

Honored Contributor
Spritzed Indigo 9am this morning..scent swirled around my nose moments ago. Mmm most incredibly; aromatic relaxing scent.💃
Trusted Contributor

I ordered the Nest 5 piece sampler set about a year ago.  I like all of the scents, except for one that is an almond and sandalwood scent, just not for me.  But all of the other scents are very nice and each one has its own unique personality.  I will say, though, that I don't think the scents have great staying power...I bring the little bottles in my purse and find myself reapplying throughout the day.  Maybe I need to try the body cream also and then layer with the perfume.