Honored Contributor

Re: NARS - has anyone used it?

I only have the travel duo Orgasm blush with Laguna bronzer. I find with the blush I have to build it to be seen if using a powder foundation. Using a liquid foundation, I use less blush to be seen.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

One of my favorite lipsticks is Nars Dolce Vita.  Love the color and the feel of this lipstick.  It's more than I would typically spend for a lipstick so I generally wait until I have a gift card to buy it.

I've never used any of the shadows but I did use their iconic blush and didn't care for it.  I still maintain that if it didn't have the name it did, it wouldn't be so popular.  It had too much sparkle in it for me.     

An iconic color! I love that one.

@ChynnaBlue, I have no idea where I have been because I just discovered that lipstick within the last several months.  I happened to be in Sephora roaming and it looked so pretty swatched on my hand I decided to give it a try.

I loved it so much, I started a thread about it like I'd made some great discovery.  Woman LOLWoman LOL 

Respected Contributor

I also like the Nars line for their blush ( Orgasm) I also purchased the Super Orgasm and that was way too sparkly . Their lipsticks are nice, but again the price keeps climbing. I like Man Hunt- Joyous Red- and Jungle Red. I have to agree the packaging is not great. The black rubberized texture shows every finger print and collects "muck" lol

Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

I have heard of it and was wondering if anyone has used it and what you thought?

I use their foundation only.  I switch between NARS and Estee Lauder Foundation.

All Day' Luminous Weightless Liquid Foundation

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Nar's Sheer Glow (I believe) has a drugstore knock-off.  I can't remember which one- I'm thinking it's by Neutrogena or maybe it's the Maybelline Fit.  I know the Fit concealer is supposedly a dupe of Nar's concealer.

Orgasm did NOTHING for me.  Too light for my complexion so I was left with visible gold sparkles.   However the cream formula Penny Lane, no longer available sans any sparkles was just a tad darker peachy pink and glorious on the skin, especially with a little tan.  I have some back-ups I'm coveting and will use this summer.

One of my holy grail lipsticks "Catfight" can't be duped.  I continue buying. Can't imagine being without it even if I don't wear it all the time.

Respected Contributor

I used to wear Nars Sheer Glow foundation but not anymore. I have a few blushes from Nars. Thats it......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Nars Cruella lip pencil that Sephora gave out for birthday gifts a oouple years ago. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval