Valued Contributor

I am hoping we can share information about nail polish we see on QVC here.  

COURTNEY  is sporting a shiny candy apple red today 2/8 on Accessorize Your Spring. Does anyone know what the name of this  polish is besides GORGEOUS? 

LEAH often wears beautiful colors and we all want to know what  IS  that color?  

side note,  Lady Ga Ga wore a beautiful blue manicure for the Super Bowl. I am trying to figure out the name and brand of that polish.  

Thanks for any input,   CAT

Respected Contributor
Leah often wears a dark rose. I find a close, if not exact, match with Essie Angora Cardi.
Honored Contributor

Re: NAIL POLISH ON QVC!

[ Edited ]

It's hard to tell with reds. It looks like a red shimmer shade. Here are some you might try:

OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress

OPI Affair in Red Square

OPI Danke-Shiny

Essie Scarlet O'Hara

Zoya Elisa

Zoya Isla

Zoya Ember

Zoya Blair

Of those, Blair is the darkest, Ember is the most orange, and Affair in Red Square may be the brightest. They're all gorgeous red with that candy apple enamel finish.

Honored Contributor

Re: NAIL POLISH ON QVC!

[ Edited ]

I just got a better look and I think OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress, Essie Scarlet O'Hara, or Zoya Isla would be the closest matches.

Valued Contributor

I have been looking for the color polish that Barbara Bixby had on Sunday. It was a purple/wine with gold flecks. Any ideas? I have Sugarplum Berry in OPI that is similar but without the flecks of gold. 

Respected Contributor

Lost on Lombard is an old Hollywood basic red from OPI.  I love it.  I bought it because my salon never has the right red. 

Valued Contributor

@gtx wrote:

I have been looking for the color polish that Barbara Bixby had on Sunday. It was a purple/wine with gold flecks. Any ideas? I have Sugarplum Berry in OPI that is similar but without the flecks of gold. 

I noticed BB's nail polish too and I also loved it!

Maybe they don't share the colors because it isn't an item they sell?  perhaps they don't want to compete with brands they do sell (I know not too many with nail polish) or maybe it's for the same reason they always block off the brand names in cooking shows....if they don't have an agreement with the company they aren't supposed to talk about it even if it is a plug...

Regular Contributor
Ask on their Facebook page! I did once about a shirt and the hostess answered me. Well she told me the brand at least.

I often like their nails too!!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Tantallum I agree with you. In today's world companies pay big bucks to have their product shown in the background in movies and on tv programs. There may be some actual state or federal regulations regarding this. Also, I think most vendors would not be happy if a host spent even a small portion of their airtime mentioning  a specific product.other than the one being promoted.

@gtx  Do you mean Sugarplum Yum (left)? Or Visisons of Sugarplums (right)? Those were the closest OPI names I could find.

I'm sure I've seen deeper purples likeVisions of Sugarplums with gold flecks, but not sure where. Sugarplum Yum is a duochrome, so less likely to have a version with gold glitter in it (but probably out there somewhere). Would Zoya Payton, or possibly Aurora, be close enough? Unfortunately, I think both have silver holo glitter, so probably not. What you might want to try is a gold glitter topper. There are plenty of them out there with different sizes and densities of glitter. My first thought was China Glaze Golden Enchantment. It's gold holo tho, so it will reflect a variety of other colors in the suulight. When I get a chance I'll look throuh my indies and see if I have any that might still be available.

Golden Enchantment over a purple:

/

Valued Contributor

Juperier, thanks for looking and for the pictures. So very nice of you. The color Sugarplum Berry is a tiny bottle of a dark wine that II received in an OPI box from HSN. It came with a tiny bottle of gold and one of silver glitter. It doesn't give the same effect as Barbara's polish. I found a picture of OPI Extravagance that may be what she was wearing. I haven't found a website that I feel safe from which to order. I doubt that the Ulta here will have it but I will go look. Do you order polish online?