Contributor

My solution for Dr. Denese's gigantic packaging for her creams

I noticed in a great many negative comments about Dr. D's packaging, especially the double sizes of MD 33 face and neck creams in a recent special offering.

The jars are unusable as they are shipped to us. I don't care how clean my hands are, I will never put my fingers into jars of products that are supposed to last 4 months, over and over as I apply the product, even if I am using a wand to make sure my wrinkles get covered---have noticed no difference in the coverage when using my fingers or the wand.

Frankly, I think my fingers work better as they are soft and can push right into any facial wrinkles.

What I do with all large amounts of any cream in jars I purchase, like Cetaphil, or Dr. D's, is to put a small amount into a small jar---I always use colored jars as none of the creams come in clear jars.

If you have no colored jars, just wrap a clear jar with cloth or paper or tape. I have a makeup scoop, but often just use a table knife I clean with rubbing alcohol. Then I place about a week's supply of the cream into my jar and don't have to constantly contaminate the humongous packaging some of these products arrive in. 

How much more unsanitary could products be packaged?

Hope this helps some of you, or perhaps some of you have other methods for us to try?

Respected Contributor

Re: My solution for Dr. Denese's gigantic packaging for her creams

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with you.  The EXCESS packaging is crazy.  A few days ago I recieved my order of 1.7 oz airless pump jars from "A".

They are just like SKINN's airless jars of Collagenesis DWP.  The outside of the jars are clear, with a white interior wall.  The tops are clear, so you can write on them with a sharpie, stating what is in them.  The workings of the jars I purchased are identical to the SKINN jar.  So, if you like this type of delivery, they come in 1 oz and 1.7 oz size.  

I forget the name of the company.  Will look at my order and ETA the name.

JUVITUS ...  free shipping 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

I totally agree with you.  The EXCESS packaging is crazy.  A few days ago I recieved my order of 1.7 oz airless pump jars from "A".

They are just like SKINN's airless jars of Collagenesis DWP.  The outside of the jars are clear, with a white interior wall.  The tops are clear, so you can write on them with a sharpie, stating what is in them.  The workings of the jars I purchased are identical to the SKINN jar.  So, if you like this type of delivery, they come in 1 oz and 1.7 oz size.  

I forget the name of the company.  Will look at my order and ETA the name.

JUVITUS ...  free shipping 

I just ordered a few airless pump jars from Juvitus the other day and they're currently en route.  I'm so glad you shared this info.  Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you re-use an airless pump or once they are up to the top they are done?

Trusted Contributor

Put me in the class of those who dislike super-size.  I like the pricing break that it offers, but am leary of efficacy and hygiene of the product. I have been transferring to smaller jars and bottles for years.  Thanks for the link to Juvitus - those airless pump jars are great!  I did not get free shipping, but I did get 20% off.  And yes - you are able to reuse the Hydroshield pump bottles,  The bottle is equipped with a little lever that pushes up the serum as it is used.  When it is at the top of hte bottle , just use a Qtip to push it back down, fill up the bottle, and reuse. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Valstybaby  I honestly don't know since I've never tried it before.  I just emptied one last night so maybe I'll give it a try.  I'm assuming there would be a center section to push back down before loading in the product and then it might take several pumps to get the air out and start dispensing.  

Respected Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

Put me in the class of those who dislike super-size.  I like the pricing break that it offers, but am leary of efficacy and hygiene of the product. I have been transferring to smaller jars and bottles for years.  Thanks for the link to Juvitus - those airless pump jars are great!  I did not get free shipping, but I did get 20% off.  And yes - you are able to reuse the Hydroshield pump bottles,  The bottle is equipped with a little lever that pushes up the serum as it is used.  When it is at the top of hte bottle , just use a Qtip to push it back down, fill up the bottle, and reuse. 

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I so agree about her supersized products. I have many on auto delivery and I do transfer some into a smaller jar as well for the face creams. My hydroshield has a pump on the 4 oz size and is sanitary. I refill it with the smaller bottles of hydroshield. 

I do buy her larger tubes like her SPF tinted cream and at least I don't have to dip my fingers in them. 

Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

Hi ~ Yes you can use it over again.  There is a disc from the bottom of the jar that rises as you pump.  All you have to do is push the disc back to the bottom of the jar.  Then you are good to go again.  HTH  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I never worry too much about this, I haven't killed myself yet.  But I don't order super size anything, I'd just as soon have reasonably fresh product even if I have to pay a little more.  If one is so worried about contamination, how about using the scoop to place the product on your fingers?  No constant transferring between jars that way.