Super Contributor

Re: My rant, what has happened to the Wen forum?

On 4/19/2014 champagnepoodle said:
On 4/19/2014 Angel1948 said: What is the subject? I'll go look for it again.

see post 30 on Is Chaz the only one on wen forum

actually its in beauty banter

Respected Contributor

I feel like team Wen enjoys the forum. I'm sure they can probably do without the bashing, but there is really nothing you can do about it. There will always be someone to complain about something. I have noticed that the live chat has been quiet lately. I really enjoy this forum, good and bad. I think everyone's opinion is important. I have learned a lot from the ladies and gents on this forum. I hope that it will continue to be a positive place for people to come for tips, help, and support. MissKlynn, you have contributed a lot to this forum over the years. I hope that you will stay with us. Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

I wouldn't let it get to you. Maybe Dooters was having an off day and sometimes there are just a bunch of negative threads and maybe that is what she saw.

I know I haven't been as active but I've been busy with stuff and I try not to watch too many shows because I'll end up buying stuff (I actually cancelled one of my purchases from Beauty with Benefits cause I knew it was just all impulse buying).

Plus chatting while watching can be hard with the constant refreshing of the page. It's hard to keep up when you are drinking, debating on what to buy, twerking and chatting.

I think in general it's gotten quieter because people get upset with the negative stuff and there aren't as many Wen shows right now. In June, there are tons of shows so people usually pop in and out all the time.

Frequent Contributor

I went over to read the Facebook page after seeing this thread. I was expecting some long winded bash fest and failed to find it. I must be reading, or at least interpreting, the comments on that thread differently than some of you. Yes, there is a comment about some people not being happy about the Treatment Cream being in the gift bag that was offered with the cancer awareness fundraiser. I agree with it! I'm sorry, no one should complain about a free gift. That conversation also involved the Lisa R stalking situation and comments made on the Q board in general. Again, I agree with most of them.

ETA: I myself have not commented on the thread in question in case any one is wondering. Can't as I am not even 'friends' with Wen Dooters. I rarely do Facebook!

Honored Contributor

I've looked twice and the only thing I see is a Dooter follower posting that people were unhappy here.

Just saying it would be very unusual for him to say anything 'off'. Usually fun and games, one of the few virtual places that still exists - IMO

no 613 oil for me {#emotions_dlg.blush}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I can't read the WEN dooters page but that is disheartening to hear they make fun of the WEN forum. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

MissKlynn, I've always enjoyed your posts. I do feel things have changed over the past several months or so on the forums. We started a WEN thread on another beauty forum I am on so I mainly post over there about WEN now. It is sad when things change sometimes but I suppose it is inevitable. I just wanted to say I appreciate all your input and posts since I've been posting.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/19/2014 lovemygigi said:

I went over to read the Facebook page after seeing this thread. I was expecting some long winded bash fest and failed to find it. I must be reading, or at least interpreting, the comments on that thread differently than some of you. Yes, there is a comment about some people not being happy about the Treatment Cream being in the gift bag that was offered with the cancer awareness fundraiser. I agree with it! I'm sorry, no one should complain about a free gift. That conversation also involved the Lisa R stalking situation and comments made on the Q board in general. Again, I agree with most of them.

Yes that was what I saw also and totally agree too. Love Wen Dooters he speaks the truth.

Frequent Contributor

HappyDaze, you should be able to read it. I can and am not 'friends' with WD. And I honestly saw no one making fun of the Wen forum in general. I'll go back and read it again just to make sure but aside from what came across to me as a generalized comment by another Facebook member about Q posters in general I saw nothing directed at Wen posters in particular.

Valued Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Kokathy said:

I wouldn't let it get to you. Maybe Dooters was having an off day and sometimes there are just a bunch of negative threads and maybe that is what she saw.

I know I haven't been as active but I've been busy with stuff and I try not to watch too many shows because I'll end up buying stuff (I actually cancelled one of my purchases from Beauty with Benefits cause I knew it was just all impulse buying).

Plus chatting while watching can be hard with the constant refreshing of the page. It's hard to keep up when you are drinking, debating on what to buy, twerking and chatting.

I think in general it's gotten quieter because people get upset with the negative stuff and there aren't as many Wen shows right now. In June, there are tons of shows so people usually pop in and out all the time.

I love reading your posts Kokathy!! Being newer to Wen, I went back in the forum and pulled up all the monthly chat threads for the past year or so. I read all of them ( I know, loser right!? Lol!) But I have to say there were moments when I actually lol'd! Most of which included you and your twerking!! Sounded like such a great time. Really wish I had started using Wen a long time ago!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Trusted Contributor

You don't have to be friends with WD but you have to have a FB account to be able to read that page.