Honored Contributor

Re: My it cosmetics tsv came last night, I have a question.

On 4/1/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Illumination = Glow

If you have any of the regular CC Cream, maybe you can mix half and half to lessen the amount of glow.

This. If you didn't want a glow, you bought the wrong product and may be happier with the version without the illumination. JeanLouise makes a great suggestion - mixing it with something that doesn't illuminate will cut it down. (I actually mix a luminizer into my matte foundation for the opposite effect.) You can also powder over the product, either with a translucent setting powder or with a powder foundation with some color.

Super Contributor

I tried blending with another cc foundation. But the best was don't put moisturizer on put it over bare skin and use bye bye translucent powder. Worked out very well.
Trusted Contributor

Wow...I just canceled my waitlist order for this TSV. So many poor reviews about the glitter in the CC cream. Something I certainly don't need at age 70. Also mentioned was all the glitter in the highlighter and in the lightest shade in the eyeshadow trio. A shame as I had been looking forward to this set since I am needing both a blush and eyeshadow. Have never used any foundation in my life, but now would like to try a lightweight coverage to even out my skintone. Looking for something without the intense glitter effect---will leave the sparkles to my 13-year old granddaughter. Thinking of trying something in the Bare Minerals foundation line. Any suggestions for me as far as a sheer coverage with SPF? I'm a medium skintone with yellow undertone.

Super Contributor

I agree I MUCH prefer the original CC cream to this one. The blush color really isn't that great on me, the eye colors are ok but not my favorite either. I LOVE the brushes - that's the main reason I'm keeping it actually. I mixed the illuminating cc w/ the original this a.m. and it was much better but I'd never buy this version on it's own like I have the original one.

Super Contributor

I'm wearing it for the first time today in Light, and it's not glittery or shiny on me, it is more of a glow. (For those wanting a Matte finish, I'm not sure why you would have ordered this kit in the first place?) I put BE Mineral Veil on top to set, that probably helps, I always set my foundation no matter if it's BE or a liquid. So far I'm liking it, and think it matches my pink undertones better than the original CC Cream in Light. This is only my first impression, we'll see after a few days, but so far I like it.

BTW for me, I have to use the blush with a light hand, the first time I tried it I used too much, and I barely put the brush into the pan. I do like it though, but I have to apply carefully. And I am liking the eye shadow, but I don't see much color payoff. I hate when it looks muddy and deposits to much color though so I am liking it as well.

I say if you haven't gotten yours yet, wait to try it for yourself.

Frequent Contributor

I too found it very hard to put on my face. I made sure I used my moisturizer and waited for it to set. My skin just be too dry for this and maybe even more coverage than I really like. But I if you like the regular cc cream, you will probably like this. The blush, bronzer and eyeshadow are really nice and of course, the brushes are great.

Super Contributor

BTW it blended very easily for me, I moisturized well before applying and it blended well. I started with one pump and had to add another for more coverage. I dotted it all over my face then blended in with my fingers. Also I had to use a separate concealer. My dark circles have definitely gotten worse with age I guess, and I need a separate concealer.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2015 CJC said:

Wow...I just canceled my waitlist order for this TSV. So many poor reviews about the glitter in the CC cream. Something I certainly don't need at age 70. Also mentioned was all the glitter in the highlighter and in the lightest shade in the eyeshadow trio. A shame as I had been looking forward to this set since I am needing both a blush and eyeshadow. Have never used any foundation in my life, but now would like to try a lightweight coverage to even out my skintone. Looking for something without the intense glitter effect---will leave the sparkles to my 13-year old granddaughter. Thinking of trying something in the Bare Minerals foundation line. Any suggestions for me as far as a sheer coverage with SPF? I'm a medium skintone with yellow undertone.

BE just came out with Complexion Rescue, it's a "Tinted, Hydrating Gel-Cream", you might like that if you're looking for sheer coverage. I personally like their Original Foundation, it has a buildable coverage, they also have a Matte Foundation. I would go get color matched at Ulta or Sephora, they can help you pick your formula and shade.

Esteemed Contributor

Just a thought...maybe try shaking up the CC tube. I'm wondering if there may have been some settling or separation during shipping. Especially with the varied weather around the country. My product was fine out of tube. No glitter, or anything resembling such when I used it on my 60+ face. It blended easily and my result is a very soft slightly satiny finish, a truly lit from within. Very diffused. I really like this finish. My skin is seasonally drier now and the almost airbrushed effect is fabulous over my wrinkles. I used my fingers but will try a brush next. I did have to thin the product on my chin and laugh lines but I attribute this to taking my glasses off when applying. An easy fix. Also, for me, I'd suggest a light hand with the face disc. Very concentrated. Less is better, again loved the result and lasted an easy 12+ hours.
Trusted Contributor

What happened to all the TSV reviews? They have all been poofed. Perhaps it's temporary, and they will magically reappear.