Super Contributor

Re: My hair is so dry -- ugh -- can someone recommend a deep conditioning product?

Ovation cell therapy works for me

Honored Contributor

Re: My hair is so dry -- ugh -- can someone recommend a deep conditioning product?

@AngelPuppy1, I just started using Alterna Caviar Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. I bought the sample sizes to try it out first and absolutely love it. It is a little pricey. They also offer deep conditioning treatments. 

Honored Contributor

@candys mine

@candys mine wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 Just a thought.  A terry towel is said to cause frizz.  A smoother cotton tee shirt or bamboo towel is supposed to be gentler.  Don't rough up your hair while drying.  Also, someone mentioned Kolestral.  I remember years ago my sister went blonde and got a perm.  Talk about crispy hair!  Add the pool party that turned the blonde slightly green and she was at her wits end.  I don't know what she did for the color but the Kolestrol did help with the crispiness. 

What do you mean by Kolestrol -- is this the name of a product?  

I have heard that a terry towel can cause frizz.  I use a microfiber kind of turby twist on my hair.  I do not rub or anything, just put it up in the turby and let air dry while I am moisturizing, etc.  Do you think this could cause the extra firzz??  I lighten my hair to make it blonder also but have done so for over 40 years and have never had any excess drying.  I don't go in the pool so that's not a problem.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  It's most appreciated!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@rockydog1

@rockydog1 wrote:

Ovation cell therapy works for me

What is this?  Is this a hair system?  Thanks for your post!!  

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate

@loveschocolate wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, I just started using Alterna Caviar Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. I bought the sample sizes to try it out first and absolutely love it. It is a little pricey. They also offer deep conditioning treatments. 

I have heard this name before.  Do they sell it at Ulta?  I like when they offer sample sizes because I hate to buy full sizes and then not like the product!  Thanks so much! 

Honored Contributor

I've been using a great drugstore mask: SHEA MOISTURE DEEP TREATMENT MASK. After cutting off my shoulder length naturally curly hair into a pixie 3 months ago, my main concern was getting my hair back to good condition. It was dry (naturally curly hair always is), damaged from heat styling & coloring my greys. This mask twice a week has done wonders....a fraction of the price of the WEN.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@loveschocolate

@loveschocolate wrote:

I have heard this name before.  Do they sell it at Ulta?  I like when they offer sample sizes because I hate to buy full sizes and then not like the product!  Thanks so much! 

@AngelPuppy1, yes, Ulta and Sephora have it. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate

@loveschocolate wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@loveschocolate

@loveschocolate wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, yes, Ulta and Sephora have it. 

Thank you so much!  I have to go to Ulta.  I have a list of suggestions from posters!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

A few of the salons around here use Kevin Murphy products, and I love how soft my hair feels after using it.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Hi ya.  Sounds like what you're doing shouldn't be contributing to more frizz. Sorry for the mis spelling.  It was KolestrAl  a Wella product that I was refering to.  it looks like it has been discontinnued.  It was a deep conditioner that came in a tube.  There are other products on the market these days.  " Cholestrol" treatment products.  You might want to look around for reviews to see if that's anything like what you're looking for.  I love amazon for that. I often check there to suppliment reviews I find on products here at Q.