Trusted Contributor

Re: My final post about ps and fillers, for anyone interested...

I swore I would never have fillers but this October and Noveber I did with my dermatologist who is board certified and we did botox for the 11 lines and restylane for the nasalfold and all around my mouth and my lips and my lips where huge and now in less thaan two months they are almost gone and the pain was horrible for the lips because if you get fever blisters and have your lips injected you will get fever blisters so I was eating acyclovir for weeks to keep the fever blisters from popping up like  1500 mg a day but I love my lips when they were lips but I don't think I can ever go throug that pain again but the 11 lines yes I will again if I can afford it and the nasalfold yes again but it will only be when he runs a half off again and that won't be until next October boo hoo

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Sawn. I've enjoyed reading your journey. Happy for you. It's nice to share experiences, both good and bad. It helps many. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I think because Facelifts are permanent and can always be done wrong, and god forbid they come out horrible, you are stuck with it.  ****** I would probably have plastic surgery too if I knew the results were always favorable!  The injections are far less invasive.

Contributor

I've had botox around the crow's feet for years.  Aside from the obvious benefits, Botox (for me) prevents the ocular migraines I was getting at least once a week.  I'm also 8 weeks post neck and lower face lift.  I'm pleased with the results, but would not want to go through it again.  There was very minimal pain, but 2-3 weeks of down time and lots of swelling.

Regular Contributor

This is a beauty forum. Keep the posts coming ladies.....information is power. Nice to get input from others about fillers, which go where, duration of look, prices, etc.  I wish you could post before and after pics.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope someone can  help me with some information. It's not about face lifts or fillers.

I have a problem with sun damage spots or brown spots or whatever you want to call them. I've been using everything I can think of, but it seem nothing is doing the job. 

Does anyone have any ideas on here or should I start a new post for this question?

Esteemed Contributor

I have had brown spots or age spots as some refer to them lasered off.  THere are many different kinds of lasers.  IT was not painful,at all.  MY doctor applied a slight numbing cream.  NOw you will continue to have new spots appear so you have to continue to,have it done.

Honored Contributor

Interesting that someone would tell the truth about their age but then lie about how they got some bruising from their treatments.  Maybe a subtle dig at peers who choose to age naturally.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sawn

I've enjoyed reading about your plastic surgery and experiences with fillers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I hope you have a good holiday season too!