Respected Contributor

I have had a large (size of an pencil eraser) freckle or sun spot on my check since I was a child.  Those were the days before sunscreen.  I always called it my beauty mark!! Smiley Happy  It had been there for 40+ years, but now it is gone!

The back story...

Last winter during one of the NE arctic blasts, I ended up with a wind burned, sun burned, extreme temp. face that was red, raw, chapped and peeling.  My DH said I looked like I had a grey beard.

So I tried an experiment in desperation.  I used JM argan oil on 1/2 my face and Fresh Seaberry oil on the other side.  Quickly found that the Fresh oil was healing, soothing and repairing my skin vs the argan oil.  After 2 days I stopped using the argan oil and went to 100% Fresh Seaberry.

Since then I added the Seaberry oil to my daily routine with no other changes.

Last weekend my BF asked my what I had done to remove my 'freckles and such' assuming I had a professional treatment.  I immediately pulled out a mirror and sure enough my 'beauty mark' is gone.  In photos over the spring/summer it is still there, but now-gone!  Now I will admit, with no make-up, in the correct lighting, and a 10x mirror I can find it, but is is VERY faint.  I now noticed other brown spots have also faded tremendously.  

Not bad for less than a 10 months!

It has also helped with my oily skin.

I just started using my Foreo last week, hopeful that will take my skin to the 'next' level.

Respected Contributor

Re: My facial sun spot is gone!

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I have had a large (size of an pencil eraser) freckle or sun spot on my check since I was a child.  Those were the days before sunscreen.  I always called it my beauty mark!! Smiley Happy  It had been there for 40+ years, but now it is gone!

The back story...

Last winter during one of the NE arctic blasts, I ended up with a wind burned, sun burned, extreme temp. face that was red, raw, chapped and peeling.  My DH said I looked like I had a grey beard.

So I tried an experiment in desperation.  I used JM argan oil on 1/2 my face and Fresh Seaberry oil on the other side.  Quickly found that the Fresh oil was healing, soothing and repairing my skin vs the argan oil.  After 2 days I stopped using the argan oil and went to 100% Fresh Seaberry.

Since then I added the Seaberry oil to my daily routine with no other changes.

Last weekend my BF asked my what I had done to remove my 'freckles and such' assuming I had a professional treatment.  I immediately pulled out a mirror and sure enough my 'beauty mark' is gone.  In photos over the spring/summer it is still there, but now-gone!  Now I will admit, with no make-up, in the correct lighting, and a 10x mirror I can find it, but is is VERY faint.  I now noticed other brown spots have also faded tremendously.  

Not bad for less than a 10 months!

It has also helped with my oily skin.

I just started using my Foreo last week, hopeful that will take my skin to the 'next' level.

Interesting!  

So exactly how long do you think it took?  Thanks for the review. I'm going to try FRESH Seaberry oil.  Woman LOL 

Trusted Contributor

And where does one buy this miracle oil? :-) 

I have never heard of it and I'd sure like to try it on my brown spot!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandraskates I know Nordstrom and Sephora sells it.  

Respected Contributor

Sibu on Amazon or Vitacost is a good brand and good cost wise too

Honored Contributor

I don't have any spots on my face.  I'm 69 in a few days.  I think the main thing I do is not sunbake and wear sunscreen.

However, I will say that I've used Dr. Denese firming facial pads since the day she came on QVC and Hydroshield.

I am convinced that if you get the dead skin off of your face every evening, you wouldn't have spots either.  Just look into how much skin you shed every day.

I will say there are many products around that are probably cheaper and just as effective.

I remember there used to be one called Porcelana (sp).  It is years old.  I've had people say it works really well.  

Getting skin off every night and using a very mild exfoliant (in my opinion, for what it's worth) that's what you need.

Trusted Contributor

Congrats!  Sea buckthorn oil (the seaberry in the Fresh product) is supposed to be very helpful with inflammation and accelerates wound healing.  I wonder if your windburn 'facial peel', lol, helped exfoliate and lighten your freckles/sunspots.

Respected Contributor

Sunshine Kate-  I think I started using it daily around March of this year.

I will also add that I now use it on any 'healing' area, once the cut is scratch is closed, but still pink.    I think it is the omega fatty acids.

Honored Contributor

Seaberry oil is the same as Sea Buckthorn oil. Just an fyi.

Honored Contributor

I had a large freckle on my forearm that disappeared. I didn't do anything to help it along. It was just gone one day. I was worried and brought it up to the Dr. She didn't have a whole lot to say about it.