Trusted Contributor

My decision but it hurts Fillers

Got the botox today in the area between my brows and restylane around my mouth and I am hurting.  He did a good job, it is light but it is fine. I will see how it comes out after the swelling goes down two weeks for botox and I don't know how long for restylane.  I was told by a friend that restylane is immediate but if it is I need a little more in the corner of my mouth below my bottom lip corner but all and all I am happy but it may look different in two weeks...........anyway I am hurting.  Some of you will enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My decision but it hurts Fillers

I didn't know there was pain afterwards. Good to know. Maybe ice would help.

Trusted Contributor

Ice helps for swelling but I just did not feel like putting ice on all around my mouth for 20 minutes right afterward, I read that my doctor did not tell me that. Sweet of you to post.

Trusted Contributor

The pain is from all the injections.  I think I had 15.........did not hurt between the brow on the first one but the second one did and the all around the mouth he went into each line several times but I sat up and did not move.  I just did not know the needle pain would still be hurting.

Trusted Contributor

You know it could be the swelling. Two weeks between my brows and I don't know about the restylane.

Respected Contributor

I never had injections @DowntonAbbey so I thank you for telling us what it's like.  I'm sure you look beautiful and it will only get better each day as the swelling goes down.  Sorry to hear you're in pain.  Thank you again for telling us and please keep us informed.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much truffle and I will keep you posted. I had to take pictures with my telephone,  I wish I had done this before the injection without makeup. My son can't tell a difference at all and it is very slight and I am glad that he did not really fill me with a lot because it needs to match my other fine lines.  I still in profile see the nasal fold still showing but not as deep, so it is a natural look.  I am going to take pictures each day for two weeks to see if it looks different.  It was a step that I wanted to do for me.  If I like it I will save money and do this once a year...........as long as I can use only two syringes otherwise no.  lol

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to add I can't smile or move my face for 6 hours and need to sleep tonight kindof sitting up.  I am hungry but can't really move until around 10:15

Respected Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I forgot to add I can't smile or move my face for 6 hours and need to sleep tonight kindof sitting up.  I am hungry but can't really move until around 10:15

Ohhhh sounds awful.  What we do for beauty! 

Valued Contributor

I am sorry you are hurting. I guess I have done this so long I don't think about it anymore. I would say ice would help. It is good to start off with a little you can always add more and it gives you time to adjust to your new look. It won't be long and you will probably want to bump those lips. Smiley HappySmiley Wink