Valued Contributor

Re: My decision but it hurts Fillers

I'm sorry that you are in pain; I'll be doing the same thing in late November.  The PA who does it is going to use Juvederm. Keep icing and let us know how you are feeling and looking. Once a year is tolerable...my daughter always jokingly tells me that beauty is pain! Seriously, though, thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Respected Contributor

Use Frozen peas . put them in small sandwich baggies. they can be refrozen too .   Botox should not cause swelling. the results take a few days to appear.  filller does cause a bit of swelling, the needle is thicker. 

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

The pain is from all the injections.  I think I had 15.........did not hurt between the brow on the first one but the second one did and the all around the mouth he went into each line several times but I sat up and did not move.  I just did not know the needle pain would still be hurting.

Didn't they numb you first? It sounds very uncomfortable. With your burning mouth syndrome I feel bad for you that you felt it necessary to endure these painful procedures. 

Respected Contributor

As for post-Botox injections for the "11's", I have never had swelling there.  For 10 days prior to the appointment you are not supposed to take any aspirin or aspirin compound....this prevents bleeding.

There must be about 7 needle pricks but I have not had any bleeding:  I immediately put on my makeup and go out for the rest of the day.

It has been two years of Botox done every three months by the dermatologist's nurse.  Since the lines were exceptionally deep and strong ( muscles ), they appear to be softening.  

I touch up the remaining lines with the tip of my IT concealer brush and light touch of CC cream.  Does wonders.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I have a needle phobia, and was happy there was a numbing gel in the Juvederm so I didn't feel that much.  I had a lot more bruising than I expected, but after a couple of weeks this is all a distant memory.  I'll definitely repeat.  I am also interested in the Restylane.  Like you, I don't want anything drastic.  I'll keep in mind to make sure I have down time after all this.  Unfortunately, I had an event to attend after a few days, and I was challenged in covering the bruises.  Yikes!  I think the culprit was the fish oil tablet I take.  Lesson learned.

Super Contributor

I find with filler in about 3 days it looks like the way it wil bel.  At first there is alittle swelling   Fillers last 6 month to a year,.  I usually get 9 months or more,.  

Respected Contributor

Botox-I dont even blink w/that but Juvederm can be a pain! You just have to get to the other side of the pai, or have a dental block. I tough it out, myself.

Honored Contributor

Where I live, the BOTOX/filler combo comes to over $1200 every 4 months! I made the decision, after my last appointment, that my face was looking way younger than my neck....a sure giveaway that I was doing too much to my face. I gave up the filler and plumping, but will just continue w/ BOTOX. I think it will be a more natural look.

Contributor

Sorry you are swollen still.  I didn't swell with botox.  I've never done the lines around the lip and would like to.  Try an over the counter anti inflammatory maybe and ice?  You'll love the results I'm sure. 

Super Contributor

If you don't mind me asking how much did a procedure like this cost ?  I had thought about doing something down the road, and I realise everyones situation is different.... but just trying to get a ballpark...... hope it's not rude to ask.  Thank you in advance

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Got the botox today in the area between my brows and restylane around my mouth and I am hurting.  He did a good job, it is light but it is fine. I will see how it comes out after the swelling goes down two weeks for botox and I don't know how long for restylane.  I was told by a friend that restylane is immediate but if it is I need a little more in the corner of my mouth below my bottom lip corner but all and all I am happy but it may look different in two weeks...........anyway I am hurting.  Some of you will enjoy it.