Honored Contributor

Re: My appointment today with a plastic surgeon....

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hope you get amazing results.  Please continue to update us on your progress.  It's great to hear things from the patient's perspective.

I agree. I hope that the OP gets amazing results.

One thing, though, that surprises me on this forum is that I have seen some negative posts about women who wear makeup. Yet, plastic surgery seems to be accepted. Just something I have noticed here and not sure why...

@Trinity11,

I think the negative comments can be found everywhere in this forum, even in this thread. 

Honored Contributor

@Sawn  It sounds like you have thought this out and made a very good plan for having the procedures you need and will make you look your best. 

There are things I want done but am not sure when I'll start; so far I'm good as per my PS. Having a tummy tuck and boob job are where the $$$$ comes in and wow, it's a lot. The boob job will be covered by my insurance and about $5000 over the tummy tuck (lower body lift) but I'm still looking at around $50,000 plus so... maybe someday.

I'm following your posts because it's answering so many questions I've always wondered about. Good luck and keep posting about it!! : )

Esteemed Contributor

Great post, and thanks for sharing. It'll be wonderful to go along with you on your journey. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear of all of you that feel the need to alter the look of the natural aging process of your face. So sad. Woman Sad 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I had an appt yesterday along with my DD who gets Botox for her 11's.  She's getting married soon so I decided to check it out.  Well, my mature face needs more than an injection of Botox.  I was advised to get filler in the jowl area and the $$ shocked me. I "chickened out" perhaps temporarily but, am curious about laser tightening.  Would you mind sharing the cost of this procedure and the comparison to fillers?

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand it when people claim that fillers and "work" is obvious.  It is only obvious when it's done poorly or in excess.  Practically everyone I know has had something done whether it's Botox or fillers.  How would I know this?  They've told me, and I've been surprised every time because I never would have guessed it.

Only when your cheeks get overfilled does anyone notice or comment, but most women aren't getting that volume.  Most physicians don't do that comical, Hollywood style of filler in lips and cheeks.

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

I had an appt yesterday along with my DD who gets Botox for her 11's.  She's getting married soon so I decided to check it out.  Well, my mature face needs more than an injection of Botox.  I was advised to get filler in the jowl area and the $$ shocked me. I "chickened out" perhaps temporarily but, am curious about laser tightening.  Would you mind sharing the cost of this procedure and the comparison to fillers?

@shy bobcat,

The laser tightening for my face, eyes and neck was 1500 and that was nearly four years ago. This price is NOT the norm because at that time I got a promotional deal. Today this type of thing will cost much more...possibly twice or more, depending on where you get it done. There are several cosmetic laser clinics here in my city and offer free consultations. The one clinic I went to even offered financing. That was the only way I could manage to have this done.

I have no fillers. I can't comment on those prices. 

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat,

I might add that comparing the two procedures...filling vs tightening...is like comparing apples and oranges. They are totally different. Consultation is best to determine if you would benefit from either or both.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@shy bobcat, my laser tightening for my jowl and neck area is $1400. I could have opted for the neck area only for $1000. But since it should last for 2+ years and I have been planning my "makeover" for several years, I decided to go for it. Botoox was $300. Filler is $1000 for both sides. After the initial cost, I'll contine with tweaks. Hth. I had sticker shock when I was doing my research for sure, but still think it's worth every penny. Mr. Sawn begs to differ, lol! Silleemee is right, a consult is the way to go.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear of all of you that feel the need to alter the look of the natural aging process of your face. So sad. Woman Sad 

condescending attitudes are more unattractive than any amount of botox or fillers.