Valued Contributor

My appointment today with a plastic surgeon....

was interesting. His PA does all the non-surgical fillers, Botox, etc. She listened to what I was hoping the procedures could do for me. Took her time checking out my skin and bone structure, and answered all of my many questions. I was very comfortable with her. Today we started with Botox and the laser skin tightening for the jowls and neck. Sorry, can't remember the name. The laser treatment will be once a week for eight weeks, but complete results won't show for six months or so, as it slowly restores collagen. After the eight weeks are up, she'll inject Juvederm into my cheeks. Yes, it's expensive, but I am really good at justifying it, just have to remember all the $ I've spent on topical products that didn't work. The one thing she stressed was you must use sunblock all day, everyday or you're wasting all the $ spent on any procedure. So, if anyone is interested, I'll update on my progress. Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My appointment today with a plastic surgeon....

Did the botox shot hurt?

Respected Contributor

I'm okay with skin tightening and procedures like that - but fillers - I can always tell when a woman has had fillers - I think it makes you look very unnatural.  Good luck though! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sawn,

I had the skin tightening treatments a few years ago and I'm still very pleased with my results. I have no fillers, really did not need them. Sunscreen is the best thing you can do ever. My skin care since has never been the same...it's changed for the better! Woman Happy

My derm told me the tightening results could last 5 to 10 years. I haven't touched the 5-year mark yet and my skin shows no signs of sagging. I'm keeping a good skincare regiment and that helps a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to hear updates on your progress! 

Honored Contributor

@Sawn   Can I ask how old you are?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme, No the botox felt like a mosquito bite and the needle just sounded like paper crinkling. She'll check in two weeks to see if I need a touch more. She has a lowkey approach, which I appreciate.

@SilleeMee, that makes me happy, glad you are having great results!

@hoosieroriginal, I understand! Crossing my fingers that she does just enough filler to keep people guessing Smiley Happy

I'll be sixty next month

Esteemed Contributor

Women can look freaky with all that work. The neck area always shows your age no matter how much you have spent on the face. Susan Lucci is the poster child for a freaky teenagers face and a 70 year olds neck.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew,

I had my neck and eyes done at the same time. So it's all good.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Jackranda, I get it, which is why I am having these procedures slowly, carefully and over a long period of time. I do not want to look younger, I want to look refreshed and less tired. Also, I would not consider a true facelift. But I personally think Susan Lucci is a beautiful woman.