Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Review on the latest Josie Maran TSV

@Himi lover Milk is argan oil liquified with water.  It is not a primer, but a true light moisturizer.  Although light in texture it provides plenty of hydration for some skin types without any additional products.  Others -- particularly the extremely dry-- will probably need to add the oil or additional moisturizer for day and night, and use Milk as a serum. 

Because my skin is oily I tend to use the Milk a lot for my daytime moisturizer in summer.  I sometimes use it at night, but always with the oil, or another moisturizer for more intense sleeping hydration. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Himi lover Milk is argan oil liquified with water.  It is not a primer, but a true light moisturizer.  Although light in texture it provides plenty of hydration for some skin types without any additional products.  Others -- particularly the extremely dry-- will probably need to add the oil or additional moisturizer for day and night, and use Milk as a serum. 

Because my skin is oily I tend to use the Milk a lot for my daytime moisturizer in summer.  I sometimes use it at night, but always with the oil, or another moisturizer for more intense sleeping hydration. 

totally agree, nice for a light moisturizer under the foundation which also has some argon oil in it so with the milk and foundation it seems to be fine even for my dry skin.

I too use another moisturizer for night time but this is great for day time especially under the foundation, all I need.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix@doglover3

Thanks.  I use RetinA and sometimes my skin is very dry.  I have her light Argan Oil and like that for the daytime. I do like a light moisturizer for the day. I'm definitely going to buy this milk.  Thanks so much for answering me. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it violates the Standards for listing selling/trading items on this forum

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@Trix@doglover3

Thanks.  I use RetinA and sometimes my skin is very dry.  I have her light Argan Oil and like that for the daytime. I do like a light moisturizer for the day. I'm definitely going to buy this milk.  Thanks so much for answering me. 

Is her light argon oil different than the one that comes in the kit, the TSV?

I do like the milk though for a light moisturizer under this foundation since I think, for me anyway, the foundation has enough oil in it to moisturize so the milk is perfect under it. I use the oil on my elbows, hands and feet at bedtime.

Super Contributor

Ordered this because I thought it would be a good deal since I use the milky argan oil. Wanted to try the foundation. Was unsure of the color. Ordered Medium. Too dark. Went on the forum thinking I could get someone to trade the medium for light/medium. Posting was removed. Didn't know why. So I posted it again. Removed again.

I was trying to save from returning the whole kit back to the Q. But back it went. Q is out of a sale. I am not going to keep ordering to get my color right.

What the vendors need to realize is that we as potential buyers NEED TO SEE THE FOUNDATION COLORS ON THE SKIN when presenting and before the model is finished being made up. We need to see the different shades on your hand so we can see the difference in the colors. Period.

Respected Contributor

Colors for foudation are sometimes very very hard since you can't tell over a TV exactly what the color looks like. I remember when BE serum foundation first came out and QVC was going to have a TSV so, I went to Ulta 2 different times to be color matched before I ordered and glad I did because the color I was color matched for, Bare Shell, and what I would have ordered were very different and I would have ended up returning it.

While it was nice it was a bit too sort of greasy looking on me which surprised me being I have very dry skin.

I was debating between 2 colors in the JM TSV and changed my mind and had to contact CS to change the color which they did thank goodness since the first one would have had to be returned but the one I have works TG. I do only use the milk and foundation though in the kit so undecided if I will continue with the AD in this even though I do like the milk and foundation but only them plus if I get a little too much foundation on I will look greasy but going very easy it is nice.

I changed my color after watching a 3 AM show where they showed a different model using all the colors and when I saw the model with the first color I ordered I knew that wasn't my color so, glad they showed that.

Respected Contributor

sorry to report after just coming home this morning, 8:30  AM I am going to pack up my JM TSV and tak it back to the post office this afternoon.

today I looked again like I smeared grease all over my face, no idea why some days this is great and other days I look so greasy unless some days the sun isn't out as much and I don't really see the greasy look on my face?

I do like the color, best color match for me but I only used the milk and the foundation in this kit and now that I saw this morning how greasy I looked(also asked hubby who said the same thing) I packed it up.

He said I thought that's how you wanted to look so I didn't say anything.

What a shame, thought I found another great foundation since the color was perfect for me so, back to the Doll I guess.

Just wanted to update my post and  will wait and see what others think after using it awhile and if you saw yourself out in bright sunlight.

I do have dry skin so I was surprised to see this.

Trusted Contributor

Mine was returned after a couple attempts to get the foundation color to work for me.  My mother even tried it - we are both normally a medium and this just had way too much yellow.  The colors (foundation, lip) were just completely off for me.  I didn't purchase this with the intent to return it, but I already have the oil and didn't like the lip gloss, foundation or  brush.  The milk was OK, but not worth keeping.  I am on Auto-Delivery and just switched to the tan instead of cancelling since I am undecided as to whether I want to try it again or not.   I like to keep my options open.

Respected Contributor

I really thought this and Doll would be my last foundation purchases till I caught a good look at my face in full sunlight and saw how sort of greasy I looked. This seemed odd to me since I am very dry so never thought this would happen. I just used a little of the milk under the foundation and not much of  the foundation either so I was very surprised to see myself in the car mirror.

As far as the colors in the kit, I love the foundation, blush and lip product.

In the Doll TSV I have I love everything but the lipstick, like the gloss end but for some reason the lipstick end is very drying for me. I already had and love the Doll double ended lipstick/gloss and have a duo I got here on  QVC, not at all drying like the one in the kit so, maybe I got a bad one? I am on AD for this and keeping this on AD other than the Dec. kit which I think both the lipstick and blush will be way too dark for me.

I hope the new color works okay for you.