Contributor

Re: My Review on the latest Josie Maran TSV

I have the light/medium. Need the medium. I would trade.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

whoa OP, you were so into the Doll10 foundation as being the "one" so I am suprised you are already moving on to the Josie one, even cancelling your Doll10 AD after saying numerous times how great it was and how you were so happy you got it on AD? Why do you like the Josie one so much better than the Doll10 now?

No, I am cancelling the Doll  Dec kit since the blush and lip gloss in that kit will be way too dark for me.

I am getting the Sept kit than have a little time to  think on the  spring kit just not the DEC kit being it will be too dark in the blush and lip gloss. After using both for awhile after cancelling the Dec kit this will give me time to decide, will be hard but who wants 2 foundations on AD or needs them, cost wise huh? This is a tough decision believe me so luckily I have till almost spring to decide but I am cancelling the Dec one being blush and gloss will be way too dark for me.

The gloss I now find after using awhile is very drying. My whole outline of my lips are chapped from 3 days so, put Vaseline on at night and used my Almay butter lipstick, 30 nude light, lips are okay again.

I like both foundations a lot and would be hard pressed I had to choose. I will say the JM light medium is a better color, more neutral for me but very close. I like both equally and would be very hard to pick if I had to cancel one.

I will most likely switch between them depending on how I feel that day, lol.

Both look natural, love the look and feel of both.

If there is any drawbacks to either the Doll I would say you have to work a  quicker with since it dries a whole lot faster than any other I have used but still love it. I would say this is more medium to full coverage using the brush that comes with it.

As for JM, draw back no spf  is a sheer to medium but I think it would be build-able so, as you can see I do like both a lot. They are just different.

I don't need or want a full coverage so in that respeck JM is better for me but you can always sheer out the Doll by putting a lot less on, does work too.

Both feel great on, not heavy, sticky or tacky like some I have tried and both seem to last me till I      wash them off so, like them both a lot.

this is hard and would like if any others have both and what they think of both

Respected Contributor

@Hudsongrl wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

I used it for the first time today, love it. I ordered light at the midnight presentation although I didn't see much of the presentation so I recorded a presentation later in the day. After watching that one and seeing all the models with each color on I changed my order to light/medium which is perfect for my light complexion.

When I saw the model with light on, very light blond hair, almost porcelain complexion I knew that wasn't the color for me.

I do have light in the last Doll 10 TSV which is a perfect color and I love that foundation too BUT after using this, I must admit my face does look nicer, not dull or dry.

I put the milk oil on first, very very nice product, not greasy as I was expecting than using her brush(not the best brush) I dotted some foundation all over my face, doesn't take much so go easy, than I blended in circular strokes as she suggested. This looks and feels perfect and so very natural looking.

She says it is a medium to full coverage, isn't, would say more medium but probably could build?

I used the lip gloss, really nice natural neutral shade but with just a hint of pink, very nice. I don't know how long the lip gloss will last, just put it on at 6 PM and is now 10:00 PM but the foundation    is still looking perfect, really a nice one.

I will most likely either use my IT double ended brush or one of my Real Techniques, either the expert face brush or the stippling brush although some reviews say they prefer a sponge. I do have the Trish M sponge from HSN which I love and use that with my Doll 10 foundation so will experiment with brushes and sponge but so far just using her brush that comes with each shipment is okay, not the best but okay.

The only things I use in Josie Maran's line is her compact blush and compact bronzer which I like but I love this foundation.

I will get the Sept. shipment of Doll10 but than may cancel and stick with this JM since I got this on AD just in case I love it which I totally do.

I thought maybe being oil I would look greasy or shiny, no way, just a nice soft sort of natural glow but not at all greasy or shiny.

This is I think $45 on it's own so $59 for the whole TSV kit was a good price.

I will  use the bottle of argon oil on my hands, feet and elbows before going to bed since I am not that sure about putting the oil on my face but it won't go to waste.

She said to put the milk on than the argon oil over that, think it is enough with just the milk than the foundation since that has the argon oil in it so, argon oil bottle will go for feet, elbows and hands at bedtime.

I will be anxious to read others reviews on this JM TSV.

BTW, I have dry mature skin and get light in every other foundation but for some reason this light/medium is perfect for me.

Totally agree with your review. The milk is a winner for face. Argan oil for neck, elbows, heels etc. i think the foundation is nice, but I should have ordered medium, not light/ medium. And yes, the brush is not the best.

if you went on AD you can have the next shipment sent in another color. I have a Real Techniques stippling brush that is nicer but than it all depends on how you like your foundation.

A stippling brush gives you more of a sheered out look where another brush will give you more coverage I found so, just depends on what you want but this brush is ''cheap'' so is why she is giving one with each shipment I guess.

Respected Contributor

are any of you in the same boat as I am, using 2 foundations and torn between them?

I thought Doll would be it for me than tried JM and really like that a lot too. they are just different.

JM gives me a soft glow where the Doll is a bit more matte on me but than I do have very dry skin.

Both last the whole time I have them on and both are pretty neutral for me which I prefer.

I posted about spf but now don't know if Doll has an spf either?

I think JM will last longer since I use a whole lot less maybe being it has an oil in it, don't know.

for both I use my IT double ended foundation(liquid foundation) brush or my Real Techniques either the expert face brush or the Stippling brush RT.

For sheer to medium coverage the stippling brush gives less coverage but for lasting all day/night I find the IT does the job better so, everyone is different.

I will use the concealer, blush and mascara in the Doll kit but in JM I really only love the foundation, like the milk, can do with out the oil so what's the trade off for me? no idea

Esteemed Contributor

I am very pleased with the TSV.  I already use the original oil and Milk.  I had sampled Vibrancy foundation at Sephora, so when I learned the Tan shade was Fearless I knew it would work.  I do not find the Fearless shade to be pinky at all, but for someone with a complexion lighter than Leah Williams it is too dark.  I'm a little darker than Leah (if that helps).  I compared the color to others in my makeup case (Bobbi Brown's Golden, Laura Mercier's Amber, Lancome's 420, 430, and 450) and it is definitely yellow based. The lipgloss is very nude with pink undertone.  I may not have chosen the color as a single item purchase, but it's fine as part of a set.  The brush is nothing special and only used it once to apply the foundation.  I prefer one of my other foundation brushes or a sponge.

As for how to use-- I think this will vary among us. I think to layer the oil, Milk and foundation in the heat of summer is much too emollient for all but super dry skins.  In fact, for me my primer is plenty with this foundation for now.  I will add additional moisture (the Milk or something else from my arsenal) when needed.  I always add a little Argan Oil to my night regimen regardless of what else goes on my face. 

Respected Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

are any of you in the same boat as I am, using 2 foundations and torn between them?

I thought Doll would be it for me than tried JM and really like that a lot too. they are just different.

JM gives me a soft glow where the Doll is a bit more matte on me but than I do have very dry skin.

Both last the whole time I have them on and both are pretty neutral for me which I prefer.

I think JM will last longer since I use a whole lot less maybe being it has an oil in it, don't know.

for both I use my IT double ended foundation(liquid foundation) brush or my Real Techniques either the expert face brush or the Stippling brush RT.

For sheer to medium coverage the stippling brush gives less coverage but for lasting all day/night I find the IT does the job better so, everyone is different.

I will use the concealer, blush and mascara in the Doll kit but in JM I really only love the foundation, like the milk, can do with out the oil so what's the trade off for me? no idea

@doglover3  I love JM foundation...I mix mine with another one some days, just depends on coverage I want..I am a mixer mostly to get color I want in any foundation.

You can always sell on ebay any parts of kits you don't care for if that helps..(well maybe future ones if you have opened these)...I always use the JM oil at night and only somedays do I put it under foundation.. not sure if this helps..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was in Sephora on Saturday so I tried out this foundation.  I too thought it ran light. The medium shade QVC was offering wouldn't have worked for me.  I needed Jubilant which says it's for tan skintones and I do not have a tan skintone. My skintone is medium towards light. 

I also tried the Milk for the first time.  I liked the feel of it but the applicator was rather useless.   

Super Contributor

Hudsongrl that would be nice. Are you on facebook? 

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@doglover3  I love JM foundation...I mix mine with another one some days, just depends on coverage I want..I am a mixer mostly to get color I want in any foundation.

You can always sell on ebay any parts of kits you don't care for if that helps..(well maybe future ones if you have opened these)...I always use the JM oil at night and only somedays do I put it under foundation.. not sure if this helps..Smiley Happy

usually I don't have to mix since I like a light to medium coverage so most work for me. Being I have dry skin I look for those that won't show up or settle into fine lines/wrinkles and aren't totally matte.

Both the Doll and this JM are good like that. This JM color is a tad better but other than that I like both the Doll and the JM

I rarely use blush or mascara, maybe once a week at most since I do have a natural pink to my cheeks, very light, so if I do cancel a kit I will look for the foundation with something else I use in another kit. I see Doll has the foundation alone with a brush or with a brush and a concealer so, may be tempted to get that sometime instead of another kit since I found out the Doll lip  gloss is so drying for me and won't be using that anymore. I do like the foundation a lot though but as said, only really use a blush and a mascara maybe once a week(once in a great while on a Saturday night) if that so will see.

As for the JM I like the foundation and the milk, work great together so, all in all I love both the Doll and the JM foundations about the same but the JM color is a tad better.

I will be on the look out for a kit with something I will get more use out of I think in both these lines.

I don't do ebay, never sold or bought anything and usually end up just giving stuff away.

I would recommend either of these foundations though since I like both. I think Doll is good for almost any skin while maybe the JM is better for normal to dry, JMO of course.

Trusted Contributor

Can someone describe the JM milk product?  Is it a light moisturizer used as a primer?  I didn't buy the kit, I have so much makeup I've been "shopping my stash".  But have been interested in her milk product for awhile. Everyone seem to like it, but I was reading something awhile ago on here about some having a bad reaction towards it.  Anyway, I'm thinking about purchasing.