Honored Contributor

Re: My Review on the latest Josie Maran TSV

@author thank you, I appreciate it!

Respected Contributor

Day 3 here for me using it. As I told you, the first day was perfect, only used the milk NOT the oil, perfect, loved it.

Second day I used it as the video directed, milk than oil than foundation, not good, felt like I smeared butter all over my face, not good, hated the look and feel.

Today, day 3, I went back to just the milk, 4 drops,  than foundation using very little and applying it with my IT brush(round top, double ended) and got a great finish same as day one using Josie's stippling brush that came with it. I put a drop on the top of my IT brush than dotted all over my face than using a circular motion I blended it in, great.

Josie's stippling brush(any stippling brush) will give you a more sheer to light medium coverage which I prefer while my IT brush did apply more product but still very good so, I can use either brush, round top or stippling but won't use much foundation, great.

I do have very dry skin so no idea why I look so greasy using the oil, only used 2 drops but won't use it again on my face. The foundation already has some of the oil in it so guess it is just too much for me for some reason?

For me this is a perfect foundation, not full, not heavy and doesn't settle into or show up fine lines/wrinkles  and lasts since yesterday I put it on around 5 or 6 and didn't take it off till this morning at 10 AM(didn't sleep in it, we are night people, up all night).

This does run light as I said since I wear, get and use light in everything else but needed the light medium in this one.

Yes, agree with comments on the lip gloss, doesn't last, sort of drying after wearing it 3 days BUT on me anyway it does have color, does show up and is a nice color but doesn't last and is drying, not moisturizing as she says.

I thought I had Josie's blush and bronzer but checked and found out it is Tarte so, this is my first Josie Maran product.

Sill love this foundation and will stay on AD since I love the foundation and the milk and the brush is okay, sort of cheap but works and should last till the next shipment comes.

I   won't use the oil on my face but will use it on my hands, feet and elbows.

I doubt I will use the lip gloss bein my lips today feel chapped and very dry.

I have dry mature skin if this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my Kit last night and used it this morning before heading off to work.

First I want to mention that I received three compliemnts today on my makeup. Two were from outside of my department.

Brush- It's cheap, I signed up for AD and I understand why they are shipping a brush with each delivery. It's no way that the brush can be valued at $35.00.

Argan Milk- I had tried this before and I did not think that it was anything special. It actually goes on very dry, but when you add the Argan Oil it's a lot better.

Vibrancy Foundation- This is the real reason why I purchased this TSV. I purchased in Rich (Magical). I actually thought that this color would be too dark on me but it's not. It's a spot on match. I love it. It does give you a glow. By the end of the day, I felt that I was glowing a little too much. LOL! The next time that I use it, I will use two drops of the Argan Oil instead of three. I think that this is perhaps why I was glowing so much by end of day. (shiny)

Lip Gloss-I have not used it yet. I have a bunch of other tubes that I need to use up first.

With all that said, this is a keeper and I am glad that I purchased on AD, there are just some minor tweaks that I need to make, to be 100% happy.

Respected Contributor

Icezeus, I too find this to run light and am glad I went with light medium instead of the light I have in everything else.

This too is a keeper for me.

So right, is why we will get a brush in each shipment and although it is cheap it does a decent job.

While I am very dry adding the argon oil made me look like I was super glowing, super shinny from the minute I put it on till I took it off.

For me anyway, the milk will be the only thing I put on under this foundation which I too love, great foundation, just enough of a very soft glow for my dry skin while feeling and looking great so, I too am glad I went on AD.

glad to see your post and will now be looking for what you think of the lip gloss. For me it is very drying after wearing it for 3 days. My lips are chapped looking so back to Almay butter lipstick in nude.

Frequent Contributor

I mentioned in an earlier post that my order was coming on day I posted and it did. This is my reaction. I ordered light in the foundation and it is perfect for me. My chest area has more color in summer, but this is a good match for me. Many of you used the milk and oil prior to the foundation and found it too greasy. I use the Argon light oil first and then Tatcha sunscreen,then the foundation. I am 80 with great skin and continue to get compliments. I do not have a problem with the brush altho it is not the best. I will keep the order altho  I have milk and oil already.

Honored Contributor

My sister received hers yesterday.  She likes it, but she thought it had SPF in the foundation.  I looked at her light foundation, and it would have been a good match for me.  The brush--AWFUL quality.  She said she'd probably pitch it as she likes high-end brushes.  I thought the brush was of super low quality.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Received mine this Friday. Tried the foundation yesterday and the medium is too dark. Don't want to pay to return for exchange.

Was wondering if anyone here ordered the Light/Medium and needed the Medium I would be willing to trade withyou?

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

whoa OP, you were so into the Doll10 foundation as being the "one" so I am suprised you are already moving on to the Josie one, even cancelling your Doll10 AD after saying numerous times how great it was and how you were so happy you got it on AD? Why do you like the Josie one so much better than the Doll10 now?

Super Contributor

The foundation runs a little light. I am normally a light medium and the medium is a little light for me - but still a keeper. I like the natural color of the lip gloss. Everything in the kit is winner except the brush
Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I used it for the first time today, love it. I ordered light at the midnight presentation although I didn't see much of the presentation so I recorded a presentation later in the day. After watching that one and seeing all the models with each color on I changed my order to light/medium which is perfect for my light complexion.

When I saw the model with light on, very light blond hair, almost porcelain complexion I knew that wasn't the color for me.

I do have light in the last Doll 10 TSV which is a perfect color and I love that foundation too BUT after using this, I must admit my face does look nicer, not dull or dry.

I put the milk oil on first, very very nice product, not greasy as I was expecting than using her brush(not the best brush) I dotted some foundation all over my face, doesn't take much so go easy, than I blended in circular strokes as she suggested. This looks and feels perfect and so very natural looking.

She says it is a medium to full coverage, isn't, would say more medium but probably could build?

I used the lip gloss, really nice natural neutral shade but with just a hint of pink, very nice. I don't know how long the lip gloss will last, just put it on at 6 PM and is now 10:00 PM but the foundation    is still looking perfect, really a nice one.

I will most likely either use my IT double ended brush or one of my Real Techniques, either the expert face brush or the stippling brush although some reviews say they prefer a sponge. I do have the Trish M sponge from HSN which I love and use that with my Doll 10 foundation so will experiment with brushes and sponge but so far just using her brush that comes with each shipment is okay, not the best but okay.

The only things I use in Josie Maran's line is her compact blush and compact bronzer which I like but I love this foundation.

I will get the Sept. shipment of Doll10 but than may cancel and stick with this JM since I got this on AD just in case I love it which I totally do.

I thought maybe being oil I would look greasy or shiny, no way, just a nice soft sort of natural glow but not at all greasy or shiny.

This is I think $45 on it's own so $59 for the whole TSV kit was a good price.

I will  use the bottle of argon oil on my hands, feet and elbows before going to bed since I am not that sure about putting the oil on my face but it won't go to waste.

She said to put the milk on than the argon oil over that, think it is enough with just the milk than the foundation since that has the argon oil in it so, argon oil bottle will go for feet, elbows and hands at bedtime.

I will be anxious to read others reviews on this JM TSV.

BTW, I have dry mature skin and get light in every other foundation but for some reason this light/medium is perfect for me.

Totally agree with your review. The milk is a winner for face. Argan oil for neck, elbows, heels etc. i think the foundation is nice, but I should have ordered medium, not light/ medium. And yes, the brush is not the best.