Respected Contributor

My Nest 5 pc. Sampler review....First impressions

These are in order of my ratings from the best to the worst:

Midnight Fleur- LOVE.  This is a warm sensual evening fragrance.

Midnight Fleur Soleil-  This smells like Midnight Fleur but has a lighter cleaner fragrance.  This could be a Midnight Fleur version for daytime use.

Indigo-  I think I love it but the smell was gone in a couple minutes.  I put more on and the same thing happened.  DH wasn't at home or I would have asked him if he could smell it.  It was kind of weird.  I didn't get to smell it long enough to know if I liked it.  I will try it again though.

Paradise- I didn't love it, but didn't hate it.  I don't want to smell like oranges.  I probably won't wear that one.  I always give it a fragrance a second chance though.

Dahlia & Vines- Hate it.  Yucko.  Just was strong and old lady on me.

I will probably keep the sampler since it was a good price.  I will use them longer before I decide if I want bigger bottles of the two different Midnight Fleurs.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Nest 5 pc. Sampler review....First impressions

Thanks Mima. I have been interested in the Nest Fragrances for a while..Haven't taken the plunge yet though......I think the sampler is a good way to try them though. 

Respected Contributor

I had actually purchased the Paradise a while back, and I like the fruity scent, but it only lasts about 3 minutes on me.  I regret spending so much money on it.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I bought the sampler a month or so ago. I liked the Indigo best, then the Dahlia and Vines. Paradise was nice too but I wasn't keen on the midnight Fleur. Everyone has preferences for scent and I think most people could find one to like in this set but it seems to me none of them last very long, on me anyway.They're ok to tuck in a purse or a stocking stuffer but I wouldn't buy them in the larger sizes.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Honored Contributor

wow it just goes to show how different we all feel about scents! I was the opposite- did not like the Midnight Fleur at all (kind of old lady, bad cologne scent imo), loved the Verde and it lasted all day on me and enjoyed Dhalia and Vines even though I don't normally like floral scents.

I've never tried the Midnight Fleur soleil because I didn't like the regular Midnight fleur but they do promote the Soleil one as a daytime version of MF.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

wow it just goes to show how different we all feel about scents! I was the opposite- did not like the Midnight Fleur at all (kind of old lady, bad cologne scent imo), loved the Verde and it lasted all day on me and enjoyed Dhalia and Vines even though I don't normally like floral scents.

I've never tried the Midnight Fleur soleil because I didn't like the regular Midnight fleur but they do promote the Soleil one as a daytime version of MF.

My review of the two MFs was on spot then since I have never even seen them presented.  I have just read about them here and love samplers. 

Verde was not in my sampler.  Darn. 

If you didn't like MF, you sure wouldn't like the MF Soleil.  They do smell the same but just a tad different.

Honored Contributor

@mima there are mixed reviews on Verde. I actually did NOT like how it smelled when I simply sniffed it in the bottle but when I actually wore it, it meshed very well with my body chemistry and smelled fresh and crisp and clean. My hubby really likes it on me. Smiley Happy

I have not tried the paradise one either. I thought the name sounded like something I like, thinking it would be like a kind of tropical type scent but it sounds heavy on the citrus which I am not a fan of in scents.

I hear their body butters are really nice too.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze  I only smell oranges with Paradise.  Nothing else.  I always try new scents on before showering so if I don't like them, they pretty much go down the drain.  I didn't leave Paradise on very long when I took a shower.  Maybe if I would have left it on longer, it may have grown on me. I will try it for a longer time before making my final decision.

After trying all the scents for a few days, I ended up wearing the MFS to work today.

Honored Contributor

I walked into a large JCP which had a Sephora and had the Nest fragrances. I sampled the Dahla & Vines, Indigo and Midnight Fleur. 

Dahlia & Vines -- meh on me

Indigo -- too light and gone quickly in terms of staying power 

Midnight Fleur -- lovely scent with staying power -- bought a rollerball version 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼