Honored Contributor

Re: My GD's Friend Sierra is Missing, please help

On 2/13/2014 betteb said:

OMGosh shoekitty, I remember those juice cans{#emotions_dlg.laugh} We truly did suffer for our beauty{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

My girl will be 2 in June. She is really something. I send her lots of little girl clothes, she loves to be "pretty"{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I miss that about my grand daughters. I have 4 grand daughters, 4 grandsons. When the girls were little they loved the tutu's, and fru fru clothes. The shiny "tappy" shoes, the glitter shoes, LOL. The clothes were so much fun. When my oldest was little (she is 24), it was always dress up, and then Barney! Everything had Barney on it. Now, everything has to have Tory Burch or Rebecca Minkoff or Vera on it, hahahah. Enjoy it! They are so much fun!

Honored Contributor

divine hope you see this

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update. I had googled this a few weeks ago to see if there was anything new. I don't know how the family refrains themselves while in court from just walking up and beating the cr*p out of that guy. They would have to tie me in my seat. So heartbreaking they do not have her body back.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Shoekitty and everyone else who posts here! I've had some health issues and was gone for a few days so I've been out of the loop regarding this case. I'm so happy to hear that the grand jury indicted the creep...finally!!! I wasn't aware that he had entered a plea, though. That surprises me. I thought that the indictment just meant they could go ahead and set a court date to begin the trial. I'm so glad he finally entered a plea. So, now the ball can get rolling.

Shoe...thanks for "stalking" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} me and letting me know about the news! I try not to post too often on this thread because I understand that some of the posters on the beauty board don't like to see it. I last posted here on 1/31 so I thought I should stay away until the March court date. But wow...it never occured to me that the prosecution would go to the grand jury. I'm so happy that they did and now the trial can move forward.

Shoekitty, I hope all is well with you and your family. I'm also hoping Yuko is alright.

Blessings to the LaMar family and friends. Still praying for Sierra...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

I just want to add that I thought he hadn't entered a plea yet because he wouldn't do that until the the official start of the trial. I wasn't even aware that he had been back to court. Boy, I really have been out of the loop. Smile

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

Divine

I thought maybe you had health issues. How are you now? That is not easy! I hope things are smoothing out.

I was surprised as well. I was waiting for the March date too. Then I happened to talk to my granddaughter in college, and she had heard! I think, and this is only conjecture on my part, he was going to the grand jury because they probably had enough evidence to indict.?. I think (again) if you go to Grand Jury they set trial date, he probably wanted to delay trial as long as possible. So he pled, and refused the right to a speedy trial. So although he has pled not guilty, they could stall years before a trial. The longer they stall, the more he hopes people forget. He has asked for a change in venue, or probably will. I hope he doesn't get that. That could take a year of stalling alone. He thinks if he got a trial in Santa Clara County the jury pool will be biased and tainted. Oh give me a break. It is also horribly expensive to more a trial. REALLY expensive!

Honored Contributor

It took 3 years from the murder of Polly Klass to RAD's trial and conviction. And they had a confession and a body. They did move the trial from Petaluma to Santa Clara County I thought. I haven't checked facts, but this is what I remember.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Shoekitty, for keeping us up to date! I wish we could just spend a little time alone with him--he needs to tell where he put Sierra!!!

Trusted Contributor

I hope they don't get a change of venue. That would be very expensive. Plus SC County is huge and there is a very large jury pool . And, if he thinks people are going to forget he has another think coming. This case has definitely struck a nerve with people, even nationally. I know that Public Defenders are just doing their job, but sometimes I wonder how they sleep at night. My bff's daughter is a PD and I know they work hard and are vitally necessary, but still...I'm glad I don't have to do that.

The wheels of justice certainly do turn very slowly. *sigh*

(edited: I really do know the difference between "there" and "their")

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

Fortune and Linda

Thanks for dropping by. I share your sentiments most profusely! This is so long, I can't even begin to imagine how Sierra's parents feel. At least with his plea, they know things can move along a little faster. But it has to be agony, pure agony. To not know where your daughter is, what happened, and knowing he knows everything.