Trusted Contributor

Re: My GD's Friend Sierra is Missing, please help

I just saw this update. If this report is accurate it's not Sierra. 

UPDATE: CBS San Francisco reports that the remains are not believed to be that of Sierra LaMar. According to Sgt. James Jensen of the Santa Clara Co. Sheriff, the human remains found had a gold capped tooth. Sierra did not have any gold teeth.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Regular Contributor

@shoekitty

whatever ducks they are getting in a row-

it shows us how broken our justice system is, to allow the ridiculous machinations of the defense, to allow this obscene delay in finding this child, and closing this case.

innocent folks somehow don't seem to benefit from the flaws in the system, seems it gives an edge to the guilty.

it is unusual to find the real killer so quickly, we think that's the main hurdle- but as this case shows, it can be just the beginning, with no finish line in sight.

hope the family has found a positive way to go on in spite of this extreme situation. it may be all they can do, and they do have to go on.Heart

Honored Contributor

Sadly, they were not her remains as Divine reported.  It may be another victim missing a couple years ago.

Divine they had the CSI and such set up not far from us  Did you see them?They found the body in the cherry orchard by the school.  I was hoping it was her in a way.  I was hoping they would then find  more evidence against AGT. They start trial April.  Well, at least another family will know where their loved one is!

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty I couldn't believe this headline when I saw it here.  I thought this person had been tried and it was settled (never be over for loved ones).

Good grief!  It's crazy this is still going on.  I'm sorry for her family and friends.  So sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Thanks annabelle.  Yes, you would think it would be over.  March 16, marks 4 years she walked out her door to go to school bus.Then never arrived at school and never came home!   Her clothes and cell and handbag were found 2 days after that.  Months later he was arrested, and has been in jail over 3 years.  He refused to plea for almost 2 years.  The trial phase will start in April, and I imagine it will be years from there!  Geesh!

Honored Contributor

I think the law is going from bad to worse.  It favors criminals.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

They arrested him, and are charging him with Capital murder, without a body.  His car was caught on video in the area, around the time she went missing.  He is a known offender, that is why his DNA was in the data base/  The DNA came back as his from her clothing, cell phone. Then it was just released last year I believe, or when they went  to Grand Jury that a hair of hers was found on a  rope in his  car, and some other evidence.  When he was detained and questioned in the very beginning he swore he never met her, didn't know who she was.  Any more info, and his previous attacks are noted here

http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/garcia-torres.shtml

You just have to go back 4 years and read the grand jury case against him

Respected Contributor

There was a piece on the local news last night that said that AGT is now demanding his right to a speedy trial.  Pretrial motions could begin as early as Monday.

Trusted Contributor

Sierra LaMar Update

Change Of Venue Denied In Sierra LaMar Case

August 25, 2016 1:52 PM

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) – A Santa Clara County judge denied a change or venue motion Thursday in the murder trial of the man accused of killing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.

Judge Vanessa Zecher heard oral arguments on Tuesday by defense attorneys for 25-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres, but was not convinced that the trial should be moved out of Santa Clara County.

In a one-page ruling, the judge wrote: “The court has read and considered the moving and responsive pleadings with respect to the Motion for Change of Venue filed on behalf of the defendant. The court also considered the evidence presented at the time of the hearing on the motion as well as comments and arguments of counsel.”

“The court does not find that there is a reasonable likelihood that the defendant would be unable to receive a fair trial in Santa Clara County.”

Complete article here: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/08/25/change-of-venue-denied-in-sierra-lamar-case/

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

GUILTY! Thank God!