Esteemed Contributor

Re: My GD's Friend Sierra is Missing, please help

Thanks for posting Divine. I've been watching this thread for updates. Smiley Sad

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Yes, they postponed the court date to February, 2015. I understand they still going over some of the DNA evidence. As I understand it he is going to be tried for several attacks on women in Morgan Hill before Sierra went missing. They are combining 2 of the cases. The public defenders for Mr Garcia never have it together. They keep changing attorneys, and then the new attorney has to review stuff they have already gone over. I think the judge is fed up, and ordered a break for the Holidays. When he is brought to court again they will set a date for pre trial? Geesh!

Contributor

Hi shoekitty, Divine and everyone else! I've been gone for so long ( long story) that it's so nice to see this thread still going strong! I've missed you all and I haven't forgotten about Sierra. Still remembering Sierra and she is in my prayers.
Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Yuko said: Hi shoekitty, Divine and everyone else! I've been gone for so long ( long story) that it's so nice to see this thread still going strong! I've missed you all and I haven't forgotten about Sierra. Still remembering Sierra and she is in my prayers.

Yuko!!

We missed you. Several times I gave you a shout out. Have you been away somewhere? LOL! So good to see you back! Thanks for always thinking of Sierra. It means so much!

Shoe

Honored Contributor

The next court date for Antolin Garcia Torres is February 25th at 1:30/

His alternate assistant attorney Brian Matthews filed a request in mid January to allow AGT to have his hands unbound the 21,22 1and 23rd of January when he is interviewed by a special attorney to evaluate him for trial. I am not entirely sure what this attorney does. But, he is being brought in from another part of the state. I didn't see that this request was approved, but I am sure it was.

here is the link can anyone figure out why? Maybe he needs his hands to explain how he killed Sierra. I doubt that would happen, but it was a thought. http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/HandsFreeOrder.pdf

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update shoekitty.

I'm thinking maybe this "evaluation" might really be a coaching session about body language, etc, trying to get him to present himself in the best possible light while in the courtroom.

I wonder if they will put him on the stand?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 betteb said:

I'm thinking maybe this "evaluation" might really be a coaching session about body language, etc, trying to get him to present himself in the best possible light while in the courtroom.

Thanks bette, that makes sense! I would just be happy for the case to move along and GET to court. March 16, will be the 3 year anniversary. Can you believe that? He has been in jail over 2 years.

Trusted Contributor

I was a juror awhile back, a kidnapping and murder case of a 7 year old boy with a massive life insurance policy here in San Fran..., the defense did not want us to see the defendants in orange jumpsuits or shackles because they thought we would be swayed by their appearance, but the cops managed to expose them every now and then. The trial went on for months. They are now in San Quentin for life.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2015 shoekitty said:
On 2/7/2015 betteb said:

Thanks bette, that makes sense! I would just be happy for the case to move along and GET to court. March 16, will be the 3 year anniversary. Can you believe that? He has been in jail over 2 years.

OMGosh, time flies. They really need to get this case moving.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

We are approaching the 3rd anniversary of Sierra's disappearance. She is believed murdered by Antolin Garcia Torres and remains in jail after an arrest over 2.5 years ago. His daughter was born shortly after his arrest, she will be over 2 years old. Sierra never reached her 18th birthday.

AGT appeared in Court a couple weeks ago, and another court date was set for April 8th. This is suppose to be to set a trial. We will see. I can imagine the hundreds of thousands of dollars the system has spent on him. Everything moves so slow. But all the ducks are being put in a row. Because there is no body, the prosecution wants to get everything air tight.

All searches for her have stopped as the search spots have been searched.

Just an update until April