Trusted Contributor

Re: My Clarisonic Bit the Dust

Sally Beauty Supply carries a Foreo Luna dupe made by Beyond Belief, Deep Cleansing Silicone Brush, rechargeable, for less than $30 if you have a Sally card.  It has a high and low setting, flat on one side, rounded on the other, with the silicone nubs on both sides. 

I purchased one and, gee, I like it better than the Clarisonic.  It cleans as well as the Clarisonic without brush bristles scraping your skin, easier to rinse off and keep clean, no brush heads that need to be replaced.

If you're unsure how to use a this type of device, there are YouTube vidoes that demonstrate how to use the Foreo Luna.

Honored Contributor

Ulta carries Foreo Luna but it's excluded from coupons. If you are an Ulta member with rewards points you can use those points to lower the cost.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Look at it as an opportunity.  You can get the FL dupe on Amazon Prime for under $20.  Look up "silicone cleansing brush".  The plastic isn't really hard per se.  There is some flexibility to the bristles.  

Definitely do this! I love mine! One of the great tips I got on this board. 

No clue if my Clarisonic still works. Don't plan to use it again so it really doesn't matter.

Honored Contributor

Just be careful when going for certain colors on Amazon. Some reviews are saying certain colors with their serial numbers were not manufactured by Foreo Luna -- buyer beware.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Owned 2 Clarisonic's one stopped working. The other one gifted.😍

Esteemed Contributor

This is from my own personal experience, when my Clarisonic stopped working after only 4 yrs., I figured out it was NOT the Clarisonic unit itself, BUT, the power cord that was not working. I purchased another Clarisonic before I figured this out & now have two working Clarisonic's that share a power cord! I keep both charged up and rotate use to keep a charge in each unit. After all, the Clarisonic is too expensive to be a "throw away item". Others have also mentioned, not to let it sit un-used for a long time and have thus lost all charging potential of the unit. HTH Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar  I had two Clarisonics that I had not charged for a while and when I went to charge them.... they were dead. Into the garbage$$$$ will never buy another one.  I did purchase the face cleanser - Foreo Luna  and have been happy with it. It is much more gentle.

Frequent Contributor

I kept my Clarisonic on the charger all the time, but have to admit I wasn't real faithful about using it. One day I went to use it and all I could get out of it was a little hum. I'd had it about 1 1/2 years. I was very disappointed. I'm afraid to order another one. I'll check out Ulta. Has anyone tried the Clinique or Oil of Olay brushes? Just wondering? I'm 63 and still have oily skin,but no acne. At my age oily skin can be a plus, very few wrinkles either. It seems that the more I stimulate it the oilier I get.

Respected Contributor

Another vote here for the foreo luna clone from Amazon and other places.  It only needs to be charged a couple of times per year and doesn't require replacement brush heads.  It's not as harsh on the skin as the brushes are but still does an amazing job!

Regular Contributor

I went to plug in my Mia and Jenu after not using them both for about a year and they did not take a charge either.

@heyhowdyhello wrote:

I got the Foreo about a year ago and love it.  I went to plug in my clarisonic about a month ago after not using it for awhile  and it would not take a charge.