Esteemed Contributor

Mousse foundations - how could I be so wrong?

I always thought the "mousse" type foundations would be more lightweight and less coverage than my usual compact foundation. Obviously, I was so wrong.

In the last 2 weeks, I tried the CoverGirl mousse-type and the Maybelline matte mousse foundations. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Both were awful on me and my oily skin.

I bought the lightest shade of the CG and it went on orange and got oranger as the hours passed. Ick. I almost liked the texture and coverage of the CG at first. I wore it 3 times and it cracked and accentuated every pore and line in my face by the end of the day. I returned it.

Then I bought the lightest shade of the Maybelline dream matte mousse. It looked light but went on dark and orange -- and thick! I couldn't get it to blend with my brush, so tried to smooth it with my fingers and made a bigger mess. It's gummy and pills. When done, it looked like stucco on the side of a building. It kept my complexion matte and non-oily (which is a good thing!) but I couldn't stand the feel of it on my skin.

I'd never used a mousse foundation before and I wanted to try them. I had assumed they would be lightweight and airy.

Did I just try the wrong brands? What are your experiences with mousse foundations? Do you ladies have any recommendations for a drugstore brand that's lightweight and OK for oily skin?

Thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt