Trusted Contributor

I recently started using a Vitamin C serum.  I kept reading how as women get older a Vitamin C serum is very important.  I bought one from a very reputable skin care company.  The direction siad to use it before my moisturizer morning anf night.  That serum dries my face out so bad, I can't stand it.

Is there such a thing as a moisturizing Vitamin C serum, am I applying it incorrectly?  I know there are many readers out there who use Vit. C serum.  Could someone help me with my problem?  Thank you very much!

Respected Contributor

I use Avalon Organics Vit C Serum partly because it does keep me matte. Philosophy has their Vit C Powder that you can add to your moisturizer, so maybe that would work for you.

Honored Contributor

I've used Vitamin C serums by Mad Hippie, Paula's Choice, and Timeless Skincare and they worked well with my dry/combo skin. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Respected Contributor

I have had great success with DHC Camu-Camu serum.  It is light and sinks in quickly.

Honored Contributor

I never had any kind of drying with Mad Hippie Vitamin C, I think it's a good one.  There are many Vitamin C serums out there.  If you don't want to try Mad Hippie, look for one with some Hyaluronic Acid in the mix.

Honored Contributor

Serums that are dedicated to Vit C as their main attribute are not also supposed to moisturizing, but you shouldn't be getting so dry from one either. A different serum might work better for you, or you may be a person who doesn't tolerate it very well. Do you get any irritation?

The only Vit C serum I've ever used and plan to keep using is NCN's. I have very sensitive skin, but this formula has never bothered me at all or made my normal/dry skin drier.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I just started making my own Vitamin C serum and I just love it. No problems of any kind and it is now two weeks since I started....You should not be dry. I use powdered Vitiamin C Distilled water and aloe Vera GEL . Major difference in my skin so soft.

Super Contributor
For some reason many of the highly respected, high end vitamin C serums contain alcohol, which can seriously dry the skin.