Frequent Contributor

I don't think I've ever used up a jar of  moisturizer since I constantly look for something else, but in general, how long should it take to use up the average 1.7 or 1 ounce jar?  One of the hosts recently said a 1 ounce jar would last about 30 days. A 1 ounce jar lasts months for me.  Any comments?

Honored Contributor

An exact answer is difficult due to varying routines.  Some people use the same moisturizer AM and PM.  Some use separate AM/PM products.  The amount used at each application could also be different, some using just a thin amount and others slathering.  Some may only use their moisturizer certain days while on other days they're using a tinted moisturizer as part of their makeup routine.  And then, in the evening, they may skip the moisturizer if they're doing a sleeping mask.  Some will use a moisturizer and a one covers all type of thing so it also becomes their eye cream and neck cream while others use separate products for each area.

Just a thought, but if the host was pushing an A/D plan, she could have been making the claim as a selling tactic.

Honored Contributor

A one ounce jar lasts me for months too.

Honored Contributor

I've always used about a pea-sized amount per application for my entire face then about the same for my neck and dec. Twice a day with these amounts, a 1-ounce jar or bottle would last me about a month or maybe a a little longer, 5 weeks or so but not more than 6 weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally don't use any because I don't buy moisturizers in jars.  I use 100% raw shea butter so a little goes a long way for me.  The good thing is I can use this on any part of my body.  

I have severe dry skin and it is the only thing that works.  Since I can use it on my face too, no need to by a moisturizer in a jar.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I always use up my things. I use way more than a pea size, though! But I also take the time to really smooth moisturizer into my skin, and this way I don't have to fool with any kind of contraption that "lifts," "tucks," or otherwise.

I haven't used moisturizer at night in over a year, though, so my things have lasted longer.

Honored Contributor

I prefer moisturizers in bottles or pumps because there is less worry about contamination and ingredients stay active longer. I always use one with SPF in the morning before makeup. I use more than a pea sized amount - probably closer to a dime size blob all over face, neck, and ears. I have very oily acne prone skin so I don't apply at night. One 6 oz. bottle of Olay lasts at least 3 months.