Super Contributor

Mini Review of my Sephora VIB Rouge Haul - share yours, too!

WINNERS

Sephora Collection Ombre Obsession Face Palette - outstanding variety of blushes and cute packaging, too! Sot , not too dusty, blendable, not overly pigmented so easy to work with.

Kevyn Aucoin The Conture Book Art of Sculpting - absolute stand out buy of this haul. The cream contour and cream highlighter in this are superb. Eye colors are great for the office. Steal of a deal at regular price, happy dance with the discount.

Tarte Shine Bright Lash Statement Essentials - Tarte lash curler fit my eye size and shape best which is a plus. I buy their holiday lash curler every year. Love this year's style.

Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick - this was my first Burberry lipstick. Oh. Oh. Oh. Bought it in Honeysuckle. Beautiful formual, heavy magnetic packaging. Not matte, not satin, something in between and my aged lined lips look good in this formula.

Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Definition in Le Sepia - this is NOT a rich brown as described. I googled swatches on read blog posts and this color looked like a beautiful red on all the blogs. I took a chance. It is gorgeous. This is the newest formula for Lancome. Packaging is divine, formula is outstanding. It does have the Lancome lipstick scent which many don't like, but I do so I'm good with it.

PASSING GRADE

Tarte Stroke of Midnight Brush Set - loved two of the brushes which I already own plus I wanted the box so this is a keeper. Box was a wee bit smaller than I thought but I really like the sequin design so I'm good. 

Bessame Lipstick in Bessame Red - beautiful red for my skin tone. Of all the lipstick I bought, this formula tugs when applied. I was going to return it and exchange for a formula I like but this red is so perfect for me, I'm keeping. Packaging looks pretty but feels light and cheap. Oh well.

Clinique Lip Color Pop + Primer in Cherry Pop and Berry Pop. Love the Cherry color since I wear color on my lip but the Berry is too deep for my small lips.  Tried to use it lightly and smudge with my finger but it was still too deep. I have other colors in this line and like it. I like to reapply lipstick during the day but if you don't, you might want to pass. (the deeper colors do, stain, though)

Kat Von D Lip Vixen Duo - I'm back and forth about this. The lipstick is light for me, borderline wearable. The liquid lipstick in, I forget the name, is a gorgeous matte red. I love red lipstick and this one is another match for my coloring. Hard to apply red liquid lipstick though and stay in the lines. This color is worth the practice. I don't like matte either but something I will add gloss on top. 

Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in Seduce - wondeful formula and well worth the price. I think this is my first Sephora lipstick and I'm hooked. Packaging is eh. As you can tell, I like nice packaging. Not something I would want to pull out of my purse. Again, usual lipstick wear time, a few hours maybe. 

FAILS

Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer - utter disappointment to me which surprised me since reviews were good on Sephora with quite a few mature reviewers. This did nothing to blur my pores or help lengthen my foundation wear time. To be sure, today I applied it to half my face and did check points during the day. Zero difference. It will be returmed. I'm an Algenist fan and use their skincare.

Ardency Inn Smooth Ride Supercharge Eye Liner (pencil) in Cream - wanted this for the waterline since it is a matte cream-yellow. Eh. Rimmel wears better. I will return this.

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation in G40 - great color match but I'm not sold. I'm a foundation junkie but this one is eh. It's a thicker, mousse like formula but the coverage is medium at best which surprised me. I think this will be returned and exchanged for the Cover FX Cream Foundation.

Sephora Collection Liquid Moisturizing Skin Concentrate - returning due to heavy fragrance. If it was a fragrance I liked, I would keep it but it is as perfumey scent. I was very hopeful for this. I have oily skin and thought this would be a perfect moisturizer. The scent lingers. Wahhh.

Tarte Deluxe Amazonian Butter Lipstick Set - I did not even swatch these. I did my research on the colors and thought they were all a tad deeper. Nope. Will return. These are a decent price but they are small. Not that I ever finish a lipstick but for value shoppers, this is not the deal it appears to be. 

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Honored Contributor

Re: Mini Review of my Sephora VIB Rouge Haul - share yours, too!

Thanks @LuluOnBeauty for your comprehensive review.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Lulu, I did not do well with the Algenist primer, I sent it back also.  I much preferred the pore corrector concentrate.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this.  I love reading first hand reviews like this!

question - what was the Rouge discount?  I'm just a VIB and got a 20% off code but was curious what the a Rouge discount was.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

MsShopper, it was 20% for VIB Rouge as well. I think the only advantage is getting to buy things that may be sold out by the time it is VIB sale time.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!