Trusted Contributor

I preordered this TSV and absolutely love it.  I posted a first impression on the Bare Minerals forum page, but thought other Beauties may be interested in the upcoming BM TSV.  If you are already a fan of the Complexion Rescue foundation I think that you will enjoy this kit.  

The new Advanced mineral veil with SPF Comes in a shade that coordinates with your foundation.  It is a really great setting powder and I'm even wearing it on its own today over an untinted moisturizer and it looks great.  The allover face color is beautiful and reminds me of a warmth-lite.  Again, it too comes in a shade depending on the foundation you selected, so lighter skin tones will receive a lighter allover face color.  I picked the Ginger Foundation and received the Medium mineral veil and the allover face color in Sunglow Sand.  

Of course there are a couple of brushes, eyeshadow and Moxie, but the set is well worth it for me with just the foundation, mineral veil and allover face color.  

Frequent Contributor

How is the complexion rescue? Decent coverage?

Trusted Contributor

I would consider it medium coverage, though some reviewers complain that it is a light coverage.  It covers my skin discoloration very well, it does not cover the darker freckles but it fades them.  It really makes my skin look nice without looking like I'm wearing much.  

When I have real skin issues like blemishes, I use the complexion rescue allover, then dab concealer on spots.  That way I don't look like I have heavy makeup all over even though I need coverage in certain areas.

Honored Contributor

@kesselrun wrote:

How is the complexion rescue? Decent coverage?

I think the coverage is VERY light!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I agree about the very light coverage! I do really like the new Mineral Veil that came with it. 

Contributor
I just saw where the Bare Minerals site had several new colors for the complexion rescue. I checked Macy's, Nordstrom, Sephora on line and they have the new added shades too. I don't think they will add them to the TSV.
Contributor

I'm actually wearing the complexion rescue today.  It's pretty light coverage, but you can build it up a little if you need to cover some redness. I had to use concealer under my eyes, around my nose and on some acne scars.  It doesn't really cover anything, more so evens out your skintone.

Contributor

Re: May Bare Minerals TSV

[ Edited ]

I just posted a way too long review on this kit over on the BM forum. I bought Opal, I am a step above corpse white, and I'd say it gives a light coverage. I still have to use a little IT concealer for undereye circles. My all over face color is lovely but I'm using it as a blush. It has far too much peach in it to pass for a bronzer but I love it. 

The only thing I didn't love was the e/s brush (blender brush not good for a wash with the color that came in this kit - for me,) and the Moxie lipgloss. I hate lipgloss, it's sticky and messy and my hair gets stuck in it, and Moxie is no exception. I'd rather have a balm for summer than a gloss but no one asked me. I'd recommend buying this kit if you love BE and are wanting to try the Complexion Rescue. It's a huge bargain.

Contributor

Well, never mind. TPTB deleted my review.  That will be the last review I ever waste time writing for this website.

Honored Contributor

I was considering getting this but they're not offering the new shades. There is a new shade called Birch which is between the Opal and Vanilla shades which I think would be perfect for me.